Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Phantom Brave and other TBSRPGs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Does anyone else here own Phantom Brave, or/and any of the other games made by Nippon Ichi Soft? I wanna buy Phantom Brave, but should I get Disgaea first? What is your opinion on these games?

Btw, TBSRPG stands for Turn-based strategy role-playing games.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I own Disgaea and I loved it. :)

All of the other games are different in their own respects (they aren't sequels or anything) so you can play whichever game you want to first. :)

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Kugetsu wrote:
I own Disgaea and I loved it. :)

All of the other games are different in their own respects (they aren't sequels or anything) so you can play whichever game you want to first. :)

Okay, Do you know anywhere I can get Disgaea for cheap?

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:01 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
You can buy it used just about anywhere. If you have a GameCrazy around there, I'd go there. They seem to have it most often than the other stores. But Electronic Boutique and Game Stop should have it as well. I got mine used at Game Crazy for $35 about 2 weeks after it came out. Not sure how much it costs now though.

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Kugetsu wrote:
You can buy it used just about anywhere. If you have a GameCrazy around there, I'd go there. They seem to have it most often than the other stores. But Electronic Boutique and Game Stop should have it as well. I got mine used at Game Crazy for $35 about 2 weeks after it came out. Not sure how much it costs now though.

I'm in Canada, and I've never seen a Gamecrazy or a Gamestop. But I do have a EB, but they don't seem to have it, and when they do, it is like, 60$ :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ahhhhh... Hmm... I don't know. You could always try Ebay or find it used online. :\ I forgot they would cost more there. Other than that, I haven't a clue. :\

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Kugetsu wrote:
Ahhhhh... Hmm... I don't know. You could always try Ebay or find it used online. :\ I forgot they would cost more there. Other than that, I haven't a clue. :\

Oh well, I'll just buy Phantom Brave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:32 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Heh, in Aus, they pulled Disgaea after 2 whole months on the shelf. It's damn near impossible to get it, so the fact that three people that go to the same RPG club own it is quite amusing. ^^

I'm one of them. I don't know if I'll be getting La Pucelle Tactics, but I'm really, really waiting for Makai Kingdom.

Image Yeah, Ledi needs a new sig...
DeviantART! http://ledicat.deviantart.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ledi wrote:
Heh, in Aus, they pulled Disgaea after 2 whole months on the shelf. It's damn near impossible to get it, so the fact that three people that go to the same RPG club own it is quite amusing. ^^

I'm one of them. I don't know if I'll be getting La Pucelle Tactics, but I'm really, really waiting for Makai Kingdom.

Aye, that looks awazing, have you played Phantom Brave yet? I just rented it and I am going to buy it soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Disgaea, for a time was extremely difficult to find here as well. I've never seen it in a retail store, only used in shops that specialize in video games. x_x I hope I can find it again, because I wasn't thinking when I traded it in.

I'm planning on buying all of them (the Nippon Ichi games, if that's even the company x_x, I don't remember), but La Pucelle Tactics didn't interest me as much as Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom.

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:56 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I was going to buy Phantom Brave but I read that you can be thrown off the map during the fight sequence so I didn't bother.

I'll stick to the Suikoden quadrilogy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Why is being thrown of the map bad, let alone, how does it ruin a game? o_0

CLICK IT!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]