Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Xbox 360
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Liek, OMG!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4541961.stm

Thats a reasonably good simple overveiw ^.^

It looks so cool! 20gigs of hardrive, 3 usb ports and wireless controllers!

The only problem I have is the name... WHO THE HELL THOUGHT UP XBOX 360? ITS STUPID

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The name was originally gonna be Xbox 2, but Marketing didn't like that, mostly because once PS3 came out, it'd make the Xbox 2 seem inferior, just because of the numbers.

PS3 will pwn the 360 though. All the way.

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twisted Sanity wrote:
The name was originally gonna be Xbox 2, but Marketing didn't like that, mostly because once PS3 came out, it'd make the Xbox 2 seem inferior, just because of the numbers.

PS3 will pwn the 360 though. All the way.

It will? Well, Twisted, it depends on the style of controls you are familiar with. Xbox did pwn PS2 for one reason: For the PS2, you have to buy Memory Cards to save your games. In the Xbox, there was a hard drive which you could store your games, and save them without a memory card!

Though the PS2 has games like Final Fantasy X, Xbox has games like Halo and Halo2. As you have may seen, Xbox has won many of the GOTYs. (Game of the Years) So, as you see, Microsoft and Sony are rival vs rival, noone actually winning. From what I see, 360 will pwn in Graphics, yet the PS2 will pwn in Gameplay.

We never know, the Video Game Industry is changing every year. And this is all said without including the Nintendo codename "Revolution".

If you say PS3 will pwn, you're right.

If you say 360 will pwn, you're right.

Just my opinion, but 360 will pwn.

Get both, and try it for your self. I'm doing that.

On a side note, I think the Xbox controls are easier to handle. What is your "style"?

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:50 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I don't really care for the new colour. I just don't like it. o_o Hopefully it'll come in more colour than just that. x_x

Also, its probably going to be a problem, Microsoft better get their act together on the backwards compatibility if they want to keep up with the rest of the market. Still, I'm hoping for some interesting games from a new system such as this., something that the XBox couldn't do for me the first time around.

I'll more than likely not by the 360, but I'm 100% sure I'm going to play it when it comes out. ;)

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Kugetsu wrote:
I don't really care for the new colour. I just don't like it. o_o Hopefully it'll come in more colour than just that. x_x

Also, its probably going to be a problem, Microsoft better get their act together on the backwards compatibility if they want to keep up with the rest of the market. Still, I'm hoping for some interesting games from a new system such as this., something that the XBox couldn't do for me the first time around.

I'll more than likely not by the 360, but I'm 100% sure I'm going to play it when it comes out. ;)

Well, with the well anticipated Halo 3, and maybe Mechassault 3, or even new Star Wars games, better graphics, better gameplay. Halo pwns in both, Mechassault pwns in gameplay, and the Star Wars games are just plain fun.

But we want more. We want something that noone has seen before. And we want it after every game system. Soon the Companies will be broke, because of America's nagging Video Game Society. We haven't even included the Nintendo Revolution yet. It will have inferior graphics, but better gameplay.

FIN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I was making a simple statement that I was following Sony complete fan-boy style. :P

Nah, I'll honest here and I'll say that Xbox 360 will be something great if they pull it off. Especially the fact that you can play against WinXP users or something like that.

But, Sony is also introducing Sony Online, which I heard will be cheaper than Live, and offer more features. I doubt the more features part, but I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper. Oh and, PS3 will use Blu-Ray which holds 200 gigabytes. The 360 uses HD-DVD which holds a meagre 40 gigabytes.

Now, I heard rumours about the Nintendo R. Soething about touch sensitive controllers and voice recognition. Nintendo are planning something huge here, and I reckon gamers everywhere should be ready for one heck of a shock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twisted Sanity wrote:
I was making a simple statement that I was following Sony complete fan-boy style. :P

Nah, I'll honest here and I'll say that Xbox 360 will be something great if they pull it off. Especially the fact that you can play against WinXP users or something like that.

But, Sony is also introducing Sony Online, which I heard will be cheaper than Live, and offer more features. I doubt the more features part, but I'm pretty sure it will be cheaper. Oh and, PS3 will use Blu-Ray which holds 200 gigabytes. The 360 uses HD-DVD which holds a meagre 40 gigabytes.

Now, I heard rumours about the Nintendo R. Soething about touch sensitive controllers and voice recognition. Nintendo are planning something huge here, and I reckon gamers everywhere should be ready for one heck of a shock.

Ditto that. But maybe Gamecube is going to reign upon the Xbox and Sony fanboys. Maybe the Nintendo Revolution will revolutionize(sp im tired bleh) the Video Game Industry. Or leave the Nintendo Fanboys long-faced. Or maybe they will all pwn, and be in the same league. It really all depends on how you're looking at things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I reckon that they'll each be exactly the same tech-wise (IBM makes the chips for Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo!), and it'll be a stand-off of game quality an quantity.

I'm sick of all these people in school bragging about how Xbox has graphics 20x better than PS2s, when it came out a good two years after it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twisted Sanity wrote:
I reckon that they'll each be exactly the same tech-wise (IBM makes the chips for Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo!), and it'll be a stand-off of game quality an quantity.

I'm sick of all these people in school bragging about how Xbox has graphics 20x better than PS2s, when it came out a good two years after it.

Well, I guess that's a fair start, but the Xbox does have better graphics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Of course it does, not to mention an easier system to program, better sound support and faster speeds.

It beats PS2 in almost all aspects. But I don't liket he games on Xbox that much. Halo and Halo 2 are like the prime of Xbox evolution. There are other good games like Fable (which is too short), but I think that PS2 has a better selection of games.

The only reason however, that you'd want to make games on PS2 now, is because PS2 has a crazyily high fanbase, and is a giant cash cow in all honesty. But the games are good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yes, I agree with you there. The PS2 does have better games. The FF series for example. You can't forget the Jak series, also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:14 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Nintendo pwns all though. Anyway, I watched the MTV thing last night and I wasn't impressed. Everything looked a TINY bit better than the current Xbox but I could barely tell. Some sony guy called it the Xbox 1.5 and currently I completely agree with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Meh. It looks nice. But I'm not going to get it. I'm a Sony Fanboy. I like the games on PS2 better then the Xbox. Also, the PS3 will have backwards compatability, cheap online, 4 controller ports(hopefully), and it will have better graphics. Burn. :P

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

rbpnmn wrote:
Nintendo pwns all though. Anyway, I watched the MTV thing last night and I wasn't impressed. Everything looked a TINY bit better than the current Xbox but I could barely tell. Some sony guy called it the Xbox 1.5 and currently I completely agree with him.

I respect all game systems but I would rank Nintendo the lowest of X-Box and PS2 due to the fact that seems to be beaten by either X-Box or PS2 in almost all aspects.

X-Box 360 (Cool name.) seems like a promising system. I may consider buying one, but I'll most likely buy PS3.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:21 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Lovio, you do realize that the PS3 is supposed to have superior graphics to the 360 right (and from what I've read, by a long shot)? With that, the PS2 would have the graphics and the gameplay leaving Microsoft in the dust (and your claim).

While the whole "hard drive" idea was nice for the XBox, not everyone likes lugging their console around because they can't load data from any person's system. Personally while there was a ton of space to save media on, it wasn't that great of an idea and personally I'm glad they are changing that on the 360 (with the removable hard drive). Memory cards are far more efficient than the hard drive. $20 is hardly a large amount of money to pay for such a thing (heck, look at the extremely over priced XBox controllers. No controller should cost $35 - $40. I had to check the price tags twice to make sure I read them correctly). The XBox itself just seemed like an unfinished idea that could have been so much better (considering the time and staff that Microsoft had, it could have easily have been a gaming god).

People still think Halo is a gaming god? Wow... when will people learn that there are many (many) more FPSs on the earth, many of which offer much more gameplay opportunities than Halo or Halo 2 (and that Halo isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be). Maybe Halo 3 will actually have more customization and be playable and fun with 4 or less players. Also, do you really think Game of the Year has any real value outside of it's name? It holds none. It's based on too many biased factors for it to really hold any true meaning.

Other than the specs of the PS3, there's really not known about it either. As long as they don't drastically change anything (controllers, memory cards, etc.), I won't have a problem with it. If they decide to randomly change things, there's another, and probably the final decent gaming company (though Nintendo used to be, can hopefully redeem that in my eyes) down the drain. For the most part, the PS2 was well rounded (except of course for falling short in the terms of graphics, which makes little to no difference. There was also loading time, which I really hope they do something about).

The Revolution is unknown at the moment, but if it is anything like the Gamecube, I'll make sure I don't get suckered into buying one of those. While I really wanted to buy the Revolution, Nintendo is angering me because for the past year or so, they have seemed to believe that gameplay is not important. They have been too busy trying to "revolutionize" everything that they have lost sight of the more important objectives, gameplay (looks at a majoirty of the games released this year. Anyone who can see outside of the "OMG NINTENDO IZ TEH ROXORZ" mindframe" should be able to see that Nintendo is suffering on the console level. Luckily they have heavy handheld console sales to make up for most of it.). To me, the Revolution seems like it's being shaped like the DS (ohhh... theres a cool thingamajig here, and ohh... what's that doohickey?), which is not meant for consoles. Oh, how I hope they come up with something great (and that they aren't seriously considering shaping out in the way that they are), so they can possibly redeem themselves to all of the fans they have lost in the last year or so. I really wish I knew more about the Revolution, as I am actually excited about it, despite what earlier points say..

I hardly doubt that the gaming companies are going out of business any time soon. All of them have plenty of money and are making plenty (though Nintendo worries me a bit). They may possibly lose quite a bit of money, but they would have to seriously bomb for them to actually go out of business. ;)

I've made my speculations on all three upcoming consoles based on information revealed to the general public (and of course my own personal opinions). I do realize that much of this post is opinion and speculation, but guess what? So are all of the other posts. :o All of us already know that all three consoles are going to be great, it's just a matter of what you're trying to argue. As much as this sounds like a rant, it's not. It's just a very long explanation showing that no one can say which system is going to be the greatest. Period. All three of them will have their good points. Oh, and someone mentioned adding the Revolution to the conversation. That has been addressed (though there's really no helpful and confirmed true information to go on).

Hopefully that will spark up some other conversation. :evil:

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next