Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Free Online Games Exchange
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Aye, Exams are over for me, and will probably be over soon for most of you. And with the holidays coming up, I thought maybe it'd be a good idea to trade around a few good (free) online games being played here.

Just, you know, post what kind of game you play. We can make it like an exchange or something :P

Well, most obvious games of course are Neopets and Runescape. Any mention of these games will face my wrath :evil:

Ehh, if you can, mention the game name, website, type of game, a description, and if you want, your username. Lets get this started off, eh? show off the games you play, so long as they're free.

Okay, I'll start it off, by mentioning a game I just started to play

Name: Nitto
Type: Racing
Username: Twisted Sanity (although I never got around to playing much more than 20 min on it so far :P)

It's an online racing game of sorts. You start off with a stock Honda Civic. And you race against the computer for a while to earn money. Then you can buy extra parts for your car to make it faster, look cooler, etc. You can race against other players for pink slips, cash or for fun. You can even join teams if you wish, and make your own teams. After saving up some good money, you can buy a better car.

Only real cons about it are the staff and chat. Overrun with scammers, beggers and 'h4x0rZ', it's worse than the Neoboards. And a few bugs here and there, but otherwise it's a good game. Just stay off the chat ;)

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I would like to say Gunz Online, and R.O.S.E Online, the boards can be found in this forum. They also both have links top the main site. And the Gunz one has instructions on signing-up.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Name - Kingdom of Loathing
Website - http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/
Type - RPG
Username - Kugetsu (it always is :P)

Description - It's your basic RPG game... only with stick-everything. Zany enemies and interesting jokes thrown about all over the place make that probably one of the most humorous RPGs on the net. Instead of taking place in real time as most RPGs do, everything you do takes turns, and you get 40 extra turns each day (a max of 200). You can choose from multiple classes in the beginning too (Pastamancer, Disco Bandit, etc.). It's not that action packed, but it does throw the time away when you're bored.

Name - Nation States
Website - http://www.nationstates.net/
Type - Simulator? (Hm...)
Username - Kugetsu :p
Country - The Holy Empire of the Wolfhood

Description - Basically you make your own nation. You give it the type of government you want (you can also be a tyrant :3), and then name the nation, the currency, national animal, etc. Once you've done all of this, you'll get an "issue". Issues are the basic issues you'd see in an actual government (I had one that asked if people should be forced to vote, and another proposing to lower taxes or change where the government money goes.) You can also pick a region to go to (I think they're basically like small guilds) and I think the different countries can interact (if one country has a problem, a neighboring country will be asked to help and such). I'm not really sure about that, as I just started about three day ago. ;) It's another time killer.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Name: Grendelscave
Site: http://www.grendelscave.com
type: RPG
Username: matchbow

okay, it's in it's beta still at the moment but it's an old game that got relaunched. basically, you kill stuff, get stuff, sell stuff, get the witch to improve you, and eventually you may be able to kill grendel, his mom, and the dragon. it's really hard but it's cool.

Name: Pale Justice
Site: http://www.palejustice.com
type: RPG
Username: matchbow

you're a lord and you control fighters to attack others. it sounds lame, but trust me, it isn't. once you get good, it's awesome. I'm 13th overall right now. :D

I need to figure out what netbattle and conquer are. netbattle involves pokemon and conquer is just something

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hmm, some interesting games here.

I can't wait to try them out :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kugetsu wrote:
Name - Nation States
Website - http://www.nationstates.net/
Type - Simulator? (Hm...)
Username - Kugetsu :p
Country - The Holy Empire of the Wolfhood

Description - Basically you make your own nation. You give it the type of government you want (you can also be a tyrant :3), and then name the nation, the currency, national animal, etc. Once you've done all of this, you'll get an "issue". Issues are the basic issues you'd see in an actual government (I had one that asked if people should be forced to vote, and another proposing to lower taxes or change where the government money goes.) You can also pick a region to go to (I think they're basically like small guilds) and I think the different countries can interact (if one country has a problem, a neighboring country will be asked to help and such). I'm not really sure about that, as I just started about three day ago. ;) It's another time killer.

That sounds cool, I made an account (THe Republic of ZOrgainian :))

Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zorgainian's national animal is the pinata, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the zerg.

:D

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Quote:
The Holy Empire of The Wolfhood is a small, pleasant nation, notable for its burgeoning wolf population. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 10 million enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 15%. A substantial private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Door-to-door Insurance Sales and Beef-Based Agriculture.

Voting is voluntary, citizens select which government department gets their income tax kugs each year, and nudity is frowned upon. Crime is moderate. The Wolfhood's national animal is the wolf and its currency is the kug.

The cool thing is that the description changes almost every day and it also includes the issues that you decided on so far. I've set mine to give me two issues a day, otherwise is goes pretty slowly.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Flapjackia is doing well, havibng already turned down 2 requests of mergitation. (is that a word?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The Kingdom of Yastani Detswit

Yes... it's doing nicely it is :P So, any uhhh good regions I can join?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:36 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Cheese Exports.

Heheh

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:00 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Twisted Sanity wrote:
The Kingdom of Yastani Detswit

Yes... it's doing nicely it is :P So, any uhhh good regions I can join?

I am in a region called Runanite. I have been a NationStates member since 22 days ago. My nation is called The Republic of Combusken.

Here are is a description of what my nation says in its description today.
Quote:
The Republic of Combusken is a very large, economically powerful nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 72 million are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Defence, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.

Vegetarianism is compulsory, organ donation is compulsory, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home, and small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Combusken's national animal is the chicken, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the arrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
The Dominion of Arogance1 is a tiny, devout nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed population of 5 million are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.

The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Commerce. The average income tax rate is 29%, but much higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, followed by Basket Weaving and Arms Manufacturing.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Arogance1's national animal is the Yorkshire Terrier and its currency is the Rogan.

EDIT: You forgot to mention that I'd get a flood of invites to other peoples regions.
I'm gonna join the Runanite region :)

EDIT2: How often do you get Issues if you set it to 2 per work day?

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well, now I have to, or I'll be a party pooper.

Quote:
The Free Land of Flapjackia is a small, devout nation, notable for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10 million are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.

The large government juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 24%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Information Technology.

Elections have been outlawed. Crime is a problem. Flapjackia's national animal is the breakfast bird, which frolics freely in the nation'###### lush forests, and its currency is the pancake.

Flapjackia is ranked 4927th in the region and 79,574th in the world for Most Income Equality.

Yay for election and crime sentences being next to each other.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]