Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Age of Empires
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:30 am 
PPT God
PPT God

One my my favorite PC games is, without a doubt Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings. What a supburb game. Does anyone else here play any of the AoE games? What version do you have? Do you have any expansions, and are they worth the money? If you have never played this game before, please give it a try, it's a great game.

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love Age of Empires! I could never beat the first one entirely for some reason (I was young when I started to play it) but for some reason, I beat the second one so easily. But I believe it was just because the AOE II game I had was a bit defective.

I have yet to play Age of Mythology which looks awesome. Hopefully my brother in law gets it when he comes home tomorrow!

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

AOE was the first RTS I ever played. The disk was misplaced eventually, but I got a replacement from one of those Kelloggs Nutri-Grain promos.

Anyway, great series IMO. But I've moved on a bit. RoN and Empire Earth for me :P

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Twisted Sanity wrote:
AOE was the first RTS I ever played. The disk was misplaced eventually, but I got a replacement from one of those Kelloggs Nutri-Grain promos.

Anyway, great series IMO. But I've moved on a bit. RoN and Empire Earth for me :P

Ditto. AoE was my first too. It will always be my favourite RTS. I still have it, Rise of Rome, AoE 2 and AoM. I can't wait for number three.

Also, RoN is a good game, but not as good as AoE. :P

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I still have all Age of Empires on my desk here, next to me. I loved it. :)

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

good ol age of empires, how i love thee so.
not enough mythology or guns for my computer games tastes though, so ive moved onto age of mythology (MMMM Anubites) and dawn of war (mmmm, Bloodthirster :evil: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:03 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Setekh wrote:
not enough mythology or guns for my computer games tastes though, so ive moved onto age of mythology (MMMM Anubites) and dawn of war (mmmm, Bloodthirster :evil: )

Mythology, exactly the reason why I refuse to play AoM. :P

And I got bored of Dawn of War after a week, the game just isn't big enough. Only one campaign, only four races. Two of those being almost the same. And it includes Eldar. Every Warhammer 40k game includes Eldar, and nobody likes Eldar. I liked the Orks.. But come on, a decent warband has at least 20,000 Orks. :P

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Stijn wrote:
Setekh wrote:

Mythology, exactly the reason why I refuse to play AoM. :P

And I got bored of Dawn of War after a week, the game just isn't big enough. Only one campaign, only four races. Two of those being almost the same. And it includes Eldar. Every Warhammer 40k game includes Eldar, and nobody likes Eldar. I liked the Orks.. But come on, a decent warband has at least 20,000 Orks. :P

1. I like the Eldar.
2. You can download a mod to increase the "size" of the game.
3. Dawn of War is awesome.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:42 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

im a chaos player myself. stupid fire prism's.
and i fail to see how chaos and space marines are almost the same,
chaos have fewer options, weak anti-vehichle capabilities, weaker motrale, but they can specalise better.

thread stealing aside, whats wrong with mythology?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Age of Kings is and always will be my favorite. Age of Empires is rather boring and straightforward, and Age of Mythology's editor is crap. The myth units are cool, but I just don't like the whole 3D thing. To me, the AoK graphics are more realistic.

Although Cobra cars vs. Flying purple love hippos....Tough choice....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Amethyst wrote:
Age of Kings is and always will be my favorite. Age of Empires is rather boring and straightforward, and Age of Mythology's editor is crap. The myth units are cool, but I just don't like the whole 3D thing. To me, the AoK graphics are more realistic.

That is why I enjoyed all of the AoE games. The cheats. Ah... Monks that shot lightning out of their hands....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:56 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

sir_michael wrote:
Amethyst wrote:

That is why I enjoyed all of the AoE games. The cheats. Ah... Monks that shot lightning out of their hands....

And the toddlers on the tricycles with bazookas, and the catapults that shoot cows and people, and the archers that turn into trees, and those units that turn into 50 different things before they die....

Cheat units have never been that inspired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:48 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I loved the cheat units. I rather favored the catapults that shot cows. I'm also quite fond of the chicken meteor god power in AoM...bawk bawk boom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The AoM cheat units are really more for entertainment purposes, IMO. I love making huge armies of Cobras in AoK and then sending them to attack gates. Then when people come out of the gates, they die almost instantly and you end up with piles of rubble on top of a HUGE pile of corpses. <3

</sadisticness>

But yeah, AoE and AoK cheat units are definately the most effective.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]