Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Is anyone lese really excited about this? I am. It has buildings and mechs and Prinnies dood!

It looks amazing, but it got lackluster reviews. I think this is because it has bad graphics, but I don't really care. I like its Art Style.

I plan to buy this once I have the money. I might even trade some games in for it.

The official webiste: http://www.nisamerica.com/games/MK/
Gamspot Review: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/makaiki ... eview.html
Makai Kingdom Media: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1517

BUY IT NOW!
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257643.asp

Also, Discuss.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Eh, all the game reviewers that I can think of are crap. They give great reviews to anything mainstream and lackluster reviews to anything that people aren't buying just because it's "OMG SO POPULAR!" Anyone that seriously listens to them is being greatly misinformed.

Anyway, I'm getting the game this Friday, and I can't wait. I'm not quite sure what to make of the vehicles and bases, but I really like the idea of all maps being random. That greatly increases the replayability and keeps one from doing the same map over and over again in order to level up (as in the other Nippon Ichi games). It's supposed to have a hilarious story as well, just like Disgaea, which I'm really happy about. Definitely going to buy this, and definitely going to have fun playing it. :)

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Kugetsu wrote:
Eh, all the game reviewers that I can think of are crap. They give great reviews to anything mainstream and lackluster reviews to anything that people aren't buying just because it's "OMG SO POPULAR!" Anyone that seriously listens to them is being greatly misinformed.

Anyway, I'm getting the game this Friday, and I can't wait. I'm not quite sure what to make of the vehicles and bases, but I really like the idea of all maps being random. That greatly increases the replayability and keeps one from doing the same map over and over again in order to level up (as in the other Nippon Ichi games). It's supposed to have a hilarious story as well, just like Disgaea, which I'm really happy about. Definitely going to buy this, and definitely going to have fun playing it. :)

I liked leveling up in the other games. Oh well, I'll still do it.

The vehicles look awesome. You get all these cool mechs. *drools*

I'm going to buy the game solely beacuse you can get a Prinny and put one in a mech... dood.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:03 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
As did I, but many people thought it was extremely repetitive doing the same level hundreds of times to level up. Now that levels are random, they can keep the people that didn't mind the leveling happy and also please the people that didn't care for it.

Prinnies = Da bomb d00d

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Kugetsu wrote:
As did I, but many people thought it was extremely repetitive doing the same level hundreds of times to level up. Now that levels are random, they can keep the people that didn't mind the leveling happy and also please the people that didn't care for it.

Prinnies = Da bomb d00d

Ah...

I've heard that this game is really confusing. Like the whole reviving and wishing stuff. I'll definately pick up the strategy guide too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:19 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Now that I've had the game for about two weeks, I should probably post about it right? :P

First of all, I would like to say that at the moment, this almost, if not, surpasses Disgaea in my eyes. The gameplay is great for it's genre (and the gameplay does in fact surpass Disgaea). The only reason that it's not ranked better than Disgaea (on my own personal list) would be just for the story. While the story is great (and hilarious), there are too many scenes that don't really add anything to the game. Also, the wishing system (and that junk) was a great idea and it was used well. There is a lot of depth to the gameplay, but after playing enough of the NIS games, it's not all that confusing. Also, the addition of Reincarnation is also a great touch. Unlike all of the other games, the power for characters in Makai Kingdom are based on their initial stats, not completely on their weapon. In the games before this, all you needed to do was find a rare weapon and find a way to beef it up. In Makai Kingdom, it takes bits and pieces from both Disgaea (the story, hilarity, and a few other minor things) and Phantom Brave (you have to confine [outside of battle, there's no in-battle confining] new characters into certain items to raise their stats). Also, the way the dungeons are now done is probably the b est so far. There's really too much that I could talk about and I should probably type up a full on review, but in short, many people believe this to actually be better than Disgaea, which, for the most part, is no easy feat.

I also decided to pick up the strategy guide today (if only for the cool pictures and minor things inside. It's actually a great guide, though I don't need any of the information really). :3

CLICK IT!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]