Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: A new graphics card
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I just bought a game called black and white 2 and I need a new graphics card just to play it. I wanted to warn people that all new games these days seem to be doing something with pixel shaders and old graphics cards don't support pixel shaders. I am planning to go out and buy a new graphics card tonight after getting the error message "You need a graphics card compatable with pixel shader 1.1 to run this game". The graphics card I looked at said it has smoothshader or video shader or something like that on the side of the box. My friend tells me this is the same thing or it should work anyway, but I am not sure. Does anyone out there know about graphics cards? It is the weekend and I can't get hold of anyone on the phone from the company to find out if this is even going to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:58 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It depends on your system specs - cpu, ram etc. To be able to play it at high detail you really need at least the GeForce 6800 (or ATI equlivalent), 1Gb of Ram and 3Ghz processor. For medium detail you probably need 2.5Ghz processor, GeForce 6600 (or ATI equivalent). For lower detail I'm not sure as it gets buggy on a lot of the older graphics cards and you need to force them to run certain options which don't always work.

My latop won't run it well at all (to the point where I can't play it, way too jerky) and my specs are AMD Athlon 3400+ processor, 512Mb RAM and GeForce FX Go 5700 which isn't that shabby but I have to play it on my bf's comp :/

It's a very demanding game but if you need more in depth help I'd recommend you post in the B&W 2 board at Lionheads forums. They're really helpful and will know exactly what graphics card you need for different levels of play (and you will get help very quickly and just ignore the New Member 's) - my bf is a regular there :) Just explain you need to update your graphics card.

I hope you get it sorted soon - the game is absolutely awesome <3

EDIT - this thread might help you =) http://allboards.lionhead.com/showthread.php?t=99676

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I think I'll never play this game. I just bought a new graphics card, but I still can't play it. A LOT of people are having a lot of problems playing. I guess you need a monster machine to run a game like this. I thought I'd be able to play, I mean, I could play the sims just fine and all. But I can't play Black and White. The graphics card I got works great and I think the internet and everything seems to actually load faster and better than before, so I'll be keeping this card. But when I try to play black and white I start a new game, but get the black screen of death. I hear something go "ding" so I am sure I am getting an error message but I have no idea what it was because I can't see all I can see is black.

Oh I figured out I need more memory to play this too. 512 and I only have 256. Oh.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]