Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Sims 2 Nightlife
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Has anyone gotten this game?

I got it yesterday when i saw it was out. I hurrahed with enjoyment because it has cars. CARS

My main guy who's top in his careerwas quite easily able to buy a sports car ;) Very nice! He has FUN driving it its so good.

Emotions are great now, you can be *angry* at someone or *smitten* with someone, which does stuff to your interaction with them. Its cool! And vampires aswell!

How can I become a vampire?

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I will not be purchasing this expansion pack until a stand-alone patch is available for University. As someone who plays many, many large families, my game has become practically unplayable due to bugs like the Final Exam and Death bugs (which have been linked to have a large number of character files). I had to break down and get two thirdparty hack-fixes so I could properly play the game...and I hate using hacks. I also don't use cheats, it's just the way I play.

ANYWAY, once the patch for University comes out, I will head out and purchase Nightlife. I've really been looking forward to it, and it's driving me nuts not purchasing it now.

As for getting a vampire, I believe you need to find one of the two head vampires (male and female) and build up a relationship until they are willing to bite. I've read at the BBS that if you can't seem to get them to bite while on a community lot, try inviting them back to the Sim's house if that Sim lives with someone else. Then I've heard you can have that other Sim (not the one to be bitten) influence the head vampire to bite the Sim you wish to become a vampire. This is what I've read, so I don't know if it works or not from firsthand experience.

I wish you much luck with your game. I'm really looking forward to getting it myself. *crosses fingers* Hopefully that day will come very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pheesh! Sounds complicated.

Yea some of the university bugs are a bit annoying, but I play only single people (I hate having more than 3 people, so my families normally only have one child) so my generations dont really work that well. I'm planning hteses summer hols (i'm in australa, sot hats christmas) to get up a whole generation evolved town going, stemming from 5 major familes. Should be fun - gunna have yokels driving pickups!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

That sounds like fun! I really can't wait to see what the expansion is like...It's truly driving me insane not purchasing it right now. Of course, if I remind myself that I really can't afford it now either, that sort of helps too. ^_-

I'm probably one of the few people who really didn't care about Sims getting cars. I rather liked that they were somewhat eco-friendly with their carpooling, etc. But, now that they do have them, I'm very curious to see what it's like. Plus, I'm looking forward to trying out dates. I never really did much with Hot Date (I've realized since The Sims 2 came out that I never really did much with any of the Sims 1 expansions except use the new items), so I'm hoping to really get some use out of the new features, especially for all of my little University students. I was playing last night and really wishing they could go on some rockin' dates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Huh, they have emotions now? Might want to get that expansion pack after all. Verisimilitude is key to my Sims experience.

Yeah, I've already resolved to get University.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:58 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I will definitly be getting this game, i havent had a chance yet though which is unusual because since the normal sims first came out the game has been my favorite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

MyleneFarmer wrote:
That sounds like fun! I really can't wait to see what the expansion is like...It's truly driving me insane not purchasing it right now. Of course, if I remind myself that I really can't afford it now either, that sort of helps too. ^_-

I'm probably one of the few people who really didn't care about Sims getting cars. I rather liked that they were somewhat eco-friendly with their carpooling, etc. But, now that they do have them, I'm very curious to see what it's like. Plus, I'm looking forward to trying out dates. I never really did much with Hot Date (I've realized since The Sims 2 came out that I never really did much with any of the Sims 1 expansions except use the new items), so I'm hoping to really get some use out of the new features, especially for all of my little University students. I was playing last night and really wishing they could go on some rockin' dates.

Yea I never used Hot Date much, butt his is a real timed sort of date thing and its got a bar to measure how good your dates are. Its wonderful. Dreamdates are really easy, just woohoo in the spa a few times hehe.

This is fun, i've never been a sociable sim but its great for Romance sims anyway. I'm now in my fourth generation of the frost family (heh, kids - winter, summer, spring and autum) Very fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Have you made any pleasure aspiration sims yet? I'm very curious about that aspiration, as there are a lot of sims that I made into romance or popularity sims, even though what I really wanted was something more like what I'm assuming the pleasure aspiration is like.

I'm still impatiently waiting for the patch. I keep hoping it'll magically show up when I do my peek in over at the BBS every couple of days. I really want to purchase this game, especially since I have a lot of free time right now. Oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No, I'll make my next child pleasure just for you though! It doesn't look great though, the major aspiration requirements aren't that rewarding though, but i'll give it a go.

University has suddenly become very boring :P There isn't enough time for dates or anything! I still think pets would be better.

I'm now best freinds with a teenage vampire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:09 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I got University two days ago. It's good, I just got my first couple of people through Uni. I have one large family. Usually two sets of parents and two children each, I pick my favourites from them four children and two are booted as they hit teenager. Not nice I know but there's no other way. I can't wait until I get nightlife. Should be in a few days, possibly a week. Sounds fun :D

Set by stampsyne!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:50 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ooo I love the Sims 2! I only have University though. I won't be getting Nightlife until my birthday. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

my sims 2 university is acting up with me now. Whenever i download it and try to move a family into a house it wont let me, it gets frustraiting so i just play the sims 2. I will be getting nightlife soon though, alowence comes friday! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:31 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I have had it for quite awhile now, and I really like it. Personally, I like it much more than University. University might have added more in terms of gameplay, but I just didn't have as much fun sending Sims to college and making them trudge through eight semesters.

NOTE: "Spoilers" are past this, revealing things that might be considered "easter eggs" or things you might have wanted to figure out yourself, so be warned!

Hot Date was a favorite of mine in TS1, though, maybe because it was the first time they could leave the lot, and I still remember my excitement the first time I sent a Sim downtown. :) Nightlife has vampires, but I haven't used them yet, because they can bite anyone in the neighborhood once you get them started, or bite Mrs. Crumplebottom and mess up your game. :roll: Yes, more bugs... I admire you for waiting for a University patch. I thought about doing that, and I really should have.

Dating is fun, but it's really easy. The first date I sent a Sim on got a score of great, and from then on, they've all been dream dates. I love having restaurants again, finally. The dining is okay, but I was a little bit disappointed at some of the animations.

The furious state is funny at first, but it can be really really frustrating after awhile. It happens for the stupidest things some times, for example, a family had twins and the father got mad at his baby boy. Honestly, he had "furious" with his own child! I don't know why, either. I also had a husband and wife become furious at one another, and I don't know how that happened, either. And when the Townies or Downtownies get furious, it takes forever for it to go away, and they keep walking past and kicking over the trash can, stealing the newspaper, etc. I have to call the exterminator all the time.

This also means that Romance Sims have a much harder time keeping their lovers straight. I can't really send them downtown at all on dates if they have very many lovers. There are a few Sims in my neighborhood that seem to always show up downtown, no matter what lot I go to.

I do like the attraction system, though, and the roses, etc that they leave for good dates are so sweet. :)

And of course the cars are nice, and provide a new place for woohoo. lol

Some of the best things about it are the smaller things, such as the way you can have an inventory, the way that you can visit other lots without having to go to the neighborhood view, seeing other lots from your lot, etc.

So I think it's a really great game, and one that most people will enjoy. I've heard complaints that it doesn't add enough to the gameplay, but I think it's well worth the $35 anyway. For the hours of entertainment I get out of it, it is definitely worth the money!

There are bugs, though, and it didn't fix University bugs. :( So we're all still waiting on a patch. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Wow, this was a long post of mine! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

MaxoidKane announced yesterday that the patch for University is currently being tested, and has been in testing for several days. It's likely the patch will be released in the next week or two. Which means I will be able to get Nightlife in the next week or two, yay!

I'm actually really proud of myself for waiting. There has been a lot of temptation to break the pact I made with myself, but I've held strong. I'm actually somewhat considering waiting until the first patch for Nightlife (it's already been annouced that there will likely be 2 Nightlife patches, if I'm reading the info correctly) is released. But then again...I really want this game, and I'm currently employed so I'll be able to splurge a little and get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:41 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

YES! i just got it and im playing it now its awesome! i got the most expenceve car because i have the money cheat and it has like fire on it,and i went to some places in downtown. I went on a date but it didnt go well the girl said she could have had more fun. And i said in my mind well sorry that stupid old lady that gives you lectures was getting in my way lol :P

EDIT: There was also this notice in the box for the game that said the new sims2 game coming out is called The Sims 2 Open For Buissnes.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next