Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Nindendogs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Is Nintendogs a good game or does it get boring?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
In moderation, Nintendogs is pretty good in my opinion... I think I OD'd playing nothing but Nintendogs ^^;

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:20 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

That game looks at least, to be one of those "So obnoxiously cute it makes me want to throw my DS and hit a nun, but I can't because then I wouldn't be able to see the cute puppies" kind of games.

No, I don't know what that meant.

Feel the burn! Feel it! Feel the burn banana time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My post on a different thread concerning it getting boring:

Kugetsu wrote:
Nintendogs was one of the biggest gimmicks for the DS, I've played it, and games like that are a huge turn off for me. I was really excited to play it at first, but it's just like an upgraded Tamagotchi, not so great after you mess with it a bit. It's something that is cute so people will buy it. Cool, you can talk to it, it wears off after a couple of hours.

Me wrote:
If you give up after a few hours, you didn't give the game a fair chance. It would take at least a week for even the most experienced gamer to accomplish everything in the game (which is owning eight dogs and accomplishing the money to buy them (they're $500 a piece and you only get to start the game with $1,000 dollars), mastering all five or so levels of agility competition (and that doesn't even include the amount of training you have to do), winning the obedience competitions (which takes a lot of training again), winning the flying disc competitions (more amounts of training, and not all dogs can do this one) as well as unlocking all of the unlockable breeds, which involves getting around 20,000 trainer points (and dear, those do NOT come easy) and having hours and hours of touch time with your dog).

Tell me you can do all that in a few hours, and I will laugh at you. Many times.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm addicted...

There is a goal to reach and for the life of me I am just not seeing that bright light at the end of the tunnel. Even my first puppy, which I've had for almost two months is not a competitive machine yet...except in agility trials. I have to keep erasing tricks and redo them. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:27 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Bangel wrote:
My post on a different thread concerning it getting boring:

Kugetsu wrote:
Nintendogs was one of the biggest gimmicks for the DS, I've played it, and games like that are a huge turn off for me. I was really excited to play it at first, but it's just like an upgraded Tamagotchi, not so great after you mess with it a bit. It's something that is cute so people will buy it. Cool, you can talk to it, it wears off after a couple of hours.

Me wrote:
If you give up after a few hours, you didn't give the game a fair chance. It would take at least a week for even the most experienced gamer to accomplish everything in the game (which is owning eight dogs and accomplishing the money to buy them (they're $500 a piece and you only get to start the game with $1,000 dollars), mastering all five or so levels of agility competition (and that doesn't even include the amount of training you have to do), winning the obedience competitions (which takes a lot of training again), winning the flying disc competitions (more amounts of training, and not all dogs can do this one) as well as unlocking all of the unlockable breeds, which involves getting around 20,000 trainer points (and dear, those do NOT come easy) and having hours and hours of touch time with your dog).

Tell me you can do all that in a few hours, and I will laugh at you. Many times.

So your saying I have to win all of those competitions and finish the game before I can become bored of it? That's absolutely silly. I don't have to eat a whole crap sandwich before I realize that it's absolutely disgusting. (I love that quote, and I will continue to use it) Just like I don't have to complete everything in the game and play it hour upon hour to realize that I'm tired of it. "You didn't play it for a week and complete everything." is a weak reason for it not being boring. I got bored with it BECAUSE of those competitions, and because of the training. They are entertaining for a while, but then the "shock" and "cute" factors wear off and it just becomes the same thing over and over again. That's just not entertaining to me.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:31 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I know what you mean, Kugetsu.

It's like that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire game. The first 2 levels are fun but after that it's just identically the same as before. Agreed, you'll have to play a few hours to finish it but if you've seen it once, you've seen everything.

My nephew owns Nintendogs, he says it's exactly like this and any pokemon game. You can 'play' the game but to actually 'finish' the game you have to have every pokemon available at level 99 etc... Nobody likes to do that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:26 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Its amazing. I played it a few times on my friends DS and boy it was fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:26 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The only time i have ever played it was at a sample in a game store. It was fun for the first 2 minutes but i didnt have time to get into it. It looks pretty fun to me, i like owning digital pets and taking care of them. Although that wouldnt be the only reason i would get a ds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I played it, it was cute at first but I got bored of it fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I <3 Nintendogs. :) I've had it since Christmas and we're still finding new items when we take walks. :) Even when I need to take a break from it, my girls love to take over and play with the puppy. It's the most fun to watch them crowded around the DS and laugh as the puppy chases after the tennis ball and then they all call her name for her to bring it back and repeat. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:23 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I personally enjoy the game, but it all depends on what you like. If you enjoy hardcore, blowing up stuff run far away from nintendogs. I love the slow-to-go pace, and love all the contests. In my opinion, this game is the game that uses the DS's cababilities the best.

Wonder where this leads to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:20 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I've had this game for a couple of weeks now and I'm still enjoying it as much as when I first got it. I think it's definitely a game that will either appeal to you hugely or bore you silly after the first few hours though as it's really not a "game" per say.

It's fantastic fun though, and the slow pace of building up trainer points means that even if you aquire lots of money really quickly there is still plenty to unlock and not much you can do to speed that up.

It has made me want a dog though, hee, though only if I'm ever at home enough to have one, 'til then it will be cats (a nintencats would be rather amusing - shouting commands at an animal that looks at you like you're an eejit) :) For now I'll make do with my two dogs on the DS.

I'd highly recommend this game to those who like sim type games rather than all action (or as well as all action like myself) and it is certainly a great starting game if you are just buying a DS now ^__^

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:44 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Jens wrote:
I know what you mean, Kugetsu.

It's like that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire game. The first 2 levels are fun but after that it's just identically the same as before. Agreed, you'll have to play a few hours to finish it but if you've seen it once, you've seen everything.

My nephew owns Nintendogs, he says it's exactly like this and any pokemon game. You can 'play' the game but to actually 'finish' the game you have to have every pokemon available at level 99 etc... Nobody likes to do that

Haha I'm the sort of person that does that
I have been known to restart games that I have been playing for weeks just because I've missed one item
I like to have every game 100% complete and I'll keep doing them over and over again until I do
I just don't feel any satisfaction if I complete a game and know that there are things I missed or didn't do

I like Nintendogs and because I am the sort of person that has to have everything done I'll keep playing it hehe

Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!

Post subject: Nintendogs...
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I, personally, love it.
I think they should have WiFi on it, too. (Nudge. Nintendo Wii. Nudge)
My favorite aspect is training my dogs. I also love walks.
It's one of those games where; After a week or two, it gets boring... *A Week Later* You find it and start playing again.
Rinse and Repeat...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next