Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ragnarok Online 2 Beta
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:50 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I heard the international beta is starting in Feb 2006. True? :p

Anyone currently playing the Japan/Korea beta? Any comments?

Whos going to play the beta and whos planning to pay? xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:12 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
It looks better than it did when it was first announced, hopefully it can be private servered too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:51 pm 

hope we dont have to pay to play =x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:59 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

You should also note private servers are illegal and quite pointless. It may take as little as 2 hours to get to the top level and have everything in the game. The real fun is being proud of yourself and going legit in the real world-- such as one of the international or country specific servers.

I'd be careful if I were you. Private servers usually come with their own "special" programs that can easily be thrown into the Warez category. I've known many friends that have received plenty of virii and even a few trojans.

As far as the Pay to Play issue, the standard rate right now is $12 a month which is less than lunch money. I don't know about the second installment, 2, which is 3D simulation and all but I can safely assume it will be just as much. Top MMORPGS such as WoW have low rates like that still, and they are far more advanced than the (sadly) pixelated game of Ragnarok Online that we know today.

Savings→ N/A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I used to play on 15x servers, in other words it took about 1-3 months to get to a level advanced class 99 character. It was monotonous, so I can't really image how people stand a year of it and then pay for it. If you have only played on 10000x servers full of virii and trojans then you've obviously had a limited experience, I don't know where though because I've never heard of it.

On private servers customised content can be made that mades the game much more interesting, and because it runs through the Korean version of the game, it has all the new worlds unnavaliable on the American and European servers (in English). There isn't even a Ragnarok server in my country anyway.

This of course is all ofset by the fact that they come and go like wandering hobos leaving you depressed at your lost characters.

And I don't get lunch money. $12? Bourgeois capitalist :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]