Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Any Good MMORPGs?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, I've been looking for some decent MMORPGs because I really like them ever since I started playing ROSE Online, and now that it's gone P2P at an insanely high price I've been looking for something else. I don't mind paying for a game, I just don't want to be shelling out $10+ a month, unless it's really good. I'm also not a fan of the games that you have to buy in a store, then you also have to pay a subscription fee.

I have MapleStory, and I'm trying Ragnarok Online, but I dunno what else to try. Any suggestions?

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:00 am 

Well, I enjoy WoW
But sadly, it's $15 a month (hehe, I have my boyfriend pay :P )
But, it is well worth the money, extremely fun and highly addictive
Over 5million players can't be wrong...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:49 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Have you tried Runescape? It is free, but you can also pay to access a whole hoard of quests, skills and areas. Only $5 a month I believe, a cool £3.20 over here anyway. The graphics aren't the best you'll ever see, but they're more than made up for by the gameplay and humour. Give it a go.

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:44 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I've tried Runescape (I even paid for a month of it), but I don't like the bad graphics, plus there's just too much to do. xD

Well, I might get WoW. If I do, I'll probably ask my mom to pay for the fee. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Theres Dragons Kingdom, which is nice and simple.
See a thread further down this page for the link etc

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

WoW is the shizzle :P

*post 1001*

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hey now, graphics aren't everything. Runescape's great, even when it's free, but you'll find it hard to do stuff simply due to the sheer volume of people, especially when doing higher level mining.

I would like to try WoW someday, except I can't pay for myself yet and I know my mo won't do it for me. I've also heard Guild Wars is good, and I think it's similar to WoW in that you buy it at the store and then pay a fee to go online.

EDIT: Ah, seems the April Fool's Day filters get rid of a word that begins with 'f' and ends with 'ind'. Which reminds me...I ought to do something elsewhere to celebrate this day...

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Last edited by DiscordantNote on Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I think Guild Wars is actually free to get online (mind you, this conversation from which I heard this was held over a year ago, before the game even came out and the Beta was released)

The comparison was between WoW and GW, but I'll try to see if I get this right (don't kill me if I don't. :P)

WoW - Have to pay for it in stores, and have to pay the monthly fee (unless you buy the packages in which it lasts longer than that), is more dialup friendly (this is the part I'm not sure on). Is less picky on what your computer has to have to play [lower System Specs required].

Guildwars - Costs to buy it in the stores, free to get online and play, but downloads patches constantly (from what I was told) and could greatly bog down any dialup user. Has higher System Spec expectations.

Now, this is from before it was even released, so a lot could have changed or I could have mixed something up between the games.

Talking to friends that are hardcore MMORPG players (I'm not really, but I had to listen to them talk about the games EVERY. SINGLE. DAY in PE class. >_<), they got tired of both after a short amount of time, but most of them playerd WoW a lot longer than Guild Wars. Though, personally, since I'm cheap, I'd probably get Guild Wars since it doesn't cost to play. :P (except to buy)

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:30 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Maple Story is good, but the bad part of the game is crowd so don't play on scania if you're playing it on weekends. in this part of the game, you have to use your job advancement to get stronger to get further on your training. the game is free to play.

Final Fantasy XI Online - This one is good for Final Fantasy Players for those who has the strategy and party setups to play. in order to play the game, you need $12.95 or $12.99 to pay the bills and a buck per character you make.

AIM s/n: KirbyCalumon (contact me anytime you want if you get bored)
FFXI Server: Asura
FFXI Character: Chiririn (see name. type /sea all Chiririn. send a /tell if you wanna talk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:32 am 

zorg wrote:
WoW is the shizzle :P

*post 1001*

WOULD BE GOOD IF U GOT PAST LVL 15 AND STOPPED FISHING LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:21 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yeah, I suggest World of Warcraft, you can play either RP, PVP (player vs. player) or PVE (Player Vs. Envirment/Enemie) or whatever type of game play you want, so its a great game. I suggest it, like everyone else does. Oh and if you get it, make a horde character, you'll find out what that is later ;) hah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:07 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I play Dark Age of Camelot still.. It is one of my favorite games.. Alot of quests and such and great pvp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:46 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

City of Heroes and City of Villains are both pretty good. I only have experience playing City of Heroes, though.

You do have to buy the game (or games - you can play each by themself or together, just can't do certain things if you don't have both), but you DON'T have to buy expansions. The expansions come free with your account, and you don't pay two subscription prices if you have both games. (ie, the price is the same whether you have one or both games)

World of Warcraft is pretty good. However, they're coming out with an expansion that you will have to pay for. BUT.....you won't really need the expansion until you get a high lvl character. It is adding a new race for each side, but its also adding mostly high lvl content. (The max level of characters right now is 60; the expansion raises that to 70)

Avoid the Final Fantasy Online and Lineage MMORPGs. I've heard a LOT of bad things about both. You also want to avoid anything Sony is involved with, because their tech support might as well be non-existant, and the game masters are next to useless. (Trust me: I used to play Everquest, and that's one of the reasons I quit)

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/26638
http://kaijuville.myminicity.com/ or http://kaijuville.myminicity.com/ind or http://kaijuville.myminicity.com/tra <----please click one, if you don't mind (Don't need ind at the moment)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I think I might get World of Warcraft, all I need to do now is convince my mom to buy it for me. xD

Thanks for the advice/tips everyone.

(Oh, and btw, I'm also playing MapleStory.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:01 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Flyff is a free download and it is great. The only thing is that you have to grind a bit.

http://www.google.com

^^ Google "Flyff" :roflol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]