Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Starcraft turny Edit: Choose a Partner!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:45 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

ok so far here are people that have entered the turny:

DiscordantNote

Universal Senja
Soujiro
Goala
Hayato
Shortee
Mystic ice
Angus Young

i think we should do teams of two we will use bgh for the games unless both teams want to use a different map (no fpm) i guess everyone should choose a partner

my name on battle.net is ifyouwantblood
we are one player short:(

but here are the teams

Senja And Goala

Souijiro and Hayato

Shortee and Angus Young

Mystic_ice and ???

Last edited by Angus Young on Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yes, but how would we set it up?

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Depends on how many people are interested. Just for the record, I could probably lure some more people off the IDB Forums if we need to.

We could do it like Blizzard did with Warcraft III, where there were champions for each grouping (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4). That may be too much trouble and too much work though. It would probably be better to stick with the 1v1 and 2v2 divisions rather than the other two. :?

I just request that we don't use those clan-made money maps. Big Game Hunters is fine with me though.

I don't think I have a username anymore since I haven't logged on in forever, but I'll post it if this whole tournament thing gets underway. :)

If any of this doesn't make sense, I'll try to explain tomorrow when I'm not so tired. =|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

It's interesting, though I haven't played Starcraft much. I recently got into playing it again thanks to my friend and his brother. For a tournament, it would be good to use Lost Temple or Big Game Hunters, depending on how many people play at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:57 pm 

Sure, that sounds like fun.

I don't think I have a SC username anymore, but I can recreate my old account if this gets underway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:03 pm 

Yes, i would be cool to have one.
You could open a channel called PPT or something like that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ok look, I want to do a lord of the rings battle in starcraft, terrans vs zerg, so I have set up the map, the problem is the zerg are absolutely refusing to come and attack me. How on earth do i make them go bezerk?

Also, are there any underhand ways of lifting the unit total to above 200 units? Eg 800 units each for 2 teams?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:42 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Skullsplitter wrote:
Ok look, I want to do a lord of the rings battle in starcraft, terrans vs zerg, so I have set up the map, the problem is the zerg are absolutely refusing to come and attack me. How on earth do i make them go bezerk?

Also, are there any underhand ways of lifting the unit total to above 200 units? Eg 800 units each for 2 teams?

you can try http://www.scalianza.com/?sca=utilidades its starcraft x-tra editor its in spanish but its at the bottom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:37 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Skullsplitter wrote:

Play a Madness map or make lots and lots of Zerglings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Skullsplitter wrote:

I haven't used the editor in a while, but hope I can help you. In your map, do you use town centers? If so, make a trigger location on the town center. Go to Scenario -> Triggers. Click New, then check the player number the trigger is to be for.

Conditions -> Elapsed scenario time is at least ( 0 ) seconds (you have to fill in 0)

Actions -> Execute AI script ... you have a choice here. I personally use Expansion [Race] Campaign Insane... at [Trigger name/number]

-------------

As for the second question, Soujiro pretty much answered it. You can manually set the supply limit, so you'll have to create more units with a trigger to go over the limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:18 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Universal Senja wrote:
Skullsplitter wrote:

I haven't used the editor in a while, but hope I can help you. In your map, do you use town centers? If so, make a trigger location on the town center. Go to Scenario -> Triggers. Click New, then check the player number the trigger is to be for.

Conditions -> Elapsed scenario time is at least ( 0 ) seconds (you have to fill in 0)

Actions -> Execute AI script ... you have a choice here. I personally use Expansion [Race] Campaign Insane... at [Trigger name/number]

-------------

As for the second question, Soujiro pretty much answered it. You can manually set the supply limit, so you'll have to create more units with a trigger to go over the limit.

Thanks. They really dont make it as easy as they should to do such a scenario, ah well. Protoss vs everyone else at some point i guess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No prob. If you're interested, there are some mapmaking utilities out there. I only have a really basic one that allows you to use the mineral/gas items as well as other units. If you want it, let me know.

Oh, and I meant can't manually set it...lol. Major typo.

Quote:
As for the second question, Soujiro pretty much answered it. You can't manually set the supply limit, so you'll have to create more units with a trigger to go over the limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:00 am 

Skullsplitter wrote:

You can go with a ghost kill any enemy unit run to your base and some zerg units will follow you...I like to do this while playing Evolves :roflol:

Skullsplitter wrote:

you cant do it with the editors but remember...........THE LAG!!! :o :o :o I hate it :x because every time I'm playing golems or evolves and we (my allies or enemies:)) are about to finish, someone starts lagging and the i get a message: "You have been disconnected from BattleNet" or everyone is dropped from the game and I wasnt laggin' :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Skullsplitter wrote:

Yes, without using a map editor, too. A Protoss play can use Mind Control on someone else's Drones or SCVs and take them as their own, and create their own Terrans and Zerg. Or, a Zerg player can mass Overlords (since they don't count for a supply), but the game can get VERY laggy then.

Just so you know, there's a quickly-reached-on-a-money-map sprite limit which prevent new units, buildings, spells, etc. from being built/cast. Some units (like the Valkyrie) don't even fire correctly most of the time at a maxed out sprite limit.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:54 am 

i prefer WC3 but SC sounds good :/

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next