Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Warhammer
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I wasn't sure were to post this, because the board is Console & PC's, and this isn't either BUT DO I SEE A BOARD GAMES THREAD? NOOO

Well anyhow, I was wondering if anyone here played warhammer *fantasy or 40k, or battlefleet gothic and middenheim etc* so we could like conspicuously exchange tactics & stuff! Oh and the whole Storm of Chaos campain that ended yesterday and things like that?

I play necrons and fantasy chaos at the moment, and i have a really old chaos space marine army somewhere

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

indeed, i play chaos (40k, gothic) undead, lizardmen, undead (necromancers army) lost and the damned, and tyranids.
(all but my chaos are but small armys mind)

storm of chaos comes to an expected fizzle as the vastly outnumbered hoardes of chaos :roll: get beat up at middenheim.
oh well, we got to blow up a few planets in the eye of terror i guess.

edit: on a better note, 40k 4th edition is out now, alas i have no money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Theres a place up at the shopping mall next to my school which had it on sale since the weekend *the new 40k rulebook* but my freind is buying it, and i cannot be bothered to buy a new version. I get all the whitedwarfs and let him read those... so its even.

The eye of terror campain was a bit of a non-event really, I thinkt he SoC campaign had a better touch 2 it, but I don't get how insanely huge numbers of chaos lost in that? So what, they couldn't take middenheim, they sould've just left it!

Ohwell

I've got a pretty big necron army, but my other armies are really small. I win quite a bit with the necrons at the local Games workshop though :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

eh, 4th edition is just a revision anyway, most of the rules are in the uk 297 white dwarf, with the clarifications floating around the net.
( http://www.portent.net is a good warhammer forum, the best in my opinion (my sn is the pestilent 1)
i liked eye of terror, we had eldrad getting pulled into the only thing that can stop the c'tan now (though hes not dead, he dies at the crone worlds, which if we consider that cammorogh may be one, makes sence, as the dark eldar wanted eldrad dead)
storm of chaos was just one big mess up, chaos rampaged across the northern lands due to scripted events (usually when the hell cannons got there) then threw themselves against the walls of middenheim, and LOST land to the defenders, then the reinforcements arrived, a brief scuffle later and archaon falls back with his warriors and lieutenants, leaving the daemon spawn and marauders to get killed.
yeah, "storm"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:19 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I sort of stopped playing. I haven't really done any painting or buying this year and last. Though I still show up at the local Games Workshop from time to time to play some games and win some contests. ;)

I have a 2000pts Necron army (hardly any 'new' Necrons though), around 3500 pts of Orks, 2000 pts Ultramarines.
A human Blood Bowl team. :P
And a 1500 pts Orcs & Goblins, 2000 pts Brettonians and a 2000 pts Dark Elves army.

:)
I might start playing again, soon. Though I am beginning to think I already spent way too much on the game.

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

They are never actually going to let necrons do anything cool with the C'Tan though, they're saying that they are developing into a threat, but they'll use Chaos and Ork WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!s and the Tyranid Invasion as campain things, they should use necrons more.

The Eye or terror ended quite well I think, but it wasn't as structured as storm of chaos was

But storm of chaos is a terrible ending, they should've gone down to meet the armies of the empire with full force, and left the skaven to tunnel under middenhiem and make it collapse. Would've worked SO much better in tactics. THey should've of killed Melekh, after they did that it was just Cyspeth and he didn't do anything.

I had a old necron army too, but they're really bad models, so I just have them in a box somewhere. My whole necron army totals up to about 3000 points but thats including a nightbringer and around 60 troops.... but I don't have a monolith. Terrible things, shoot it once and it'll stop moving. THe new updated rules are GREAT though, everything in necron fast attack is practically a skimmer, so the wraits, destroyers and scarabs all get that turbo boost which is gunna be so fun. I never used the sheilding rule so i'm okay with that.

Last time I was at the store, I ended up playing a 500pts battle with some kid with cadians, and 500pts in necrons is just a lord, and 20 troops. Thats it :O Not fair against Cadian force with about 4 squads, Shaffer and his last chancers and a chimera, as well as 3 Lascannons. It ended up being fun witht he new rules, the necrons just went in and ended up killing alot, and by the end i had 4 troops left, and they had a whole squad. If they killed one more of my guys, it'd be phase out *rounded* so I actualyl managed to move in, and kill a whole squad with just 3 necrons (the other one was at the other end after killing the last last chancer*

Very fun... and WOW that was a lot of writing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:46 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

oh no the euper fast skimmers are gonna get my daemonic speed daemon prince who now has fleet of foot :evil:
and the next campaign is RUMOURED to be about the outsider (the dude in the dyson sphere on the eastern thringe, rumoued to have already awoken mind (the eye of terror newsletters mentions a "truly mad god" commanding the necrons)
space marines getting their new codex in two months (including imperial guard style "chapter traits"
for starters you select 1 minor advantage (with a minor disadvantage that comes part and parcel) and then 1 major advantage (and disadvantage)
example minor disadvantages include noo being allowed allies, and example major ones being restrictions on tanks, troops and wargear.
techmarines look like doc ock...and are utterly evil!
oh and for all them nid players ( :evil: ) carnifexes come in broods now...3 carnifexes in a brood!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've built a few of the models (they are soooo awesome) but I've never played. Don't have enough figures, and it would be a hobby that's far beyond my financial means. Soooo cool, yet sooooo expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

try playing kill team (a very small band of warriors, depending on your army youll need only a handful of models)
the rules are in the back of the codex, but knowing GW the old ones will still be on their site somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:51 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Setekh wrote:
try playing kill team (a very small band of warriors, depending on your army youll need only a handful of models)
the rules are in the back of the codex, but knowing GW the old ones will still be on their site somewhere.

Which one? :P

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

eh, meant the rule book :oops: (4th edition ofcourse) but as i say theyre probably on the site somwhere.
when i say somwhere i mean here (http://www.games-workshop.co.uk/40kuniv ... l-team.htm) of course :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Very cool, but there is actually 4 C'tan, but they haven't said the names of the other 2. But hte nightbringer probably gets something from the new rules, I haven't had a chance to look at them yet (my frieind bought it, i'm sick at home and he's moving house :()

Gah I read about dyson spheres in a science fiction book, i'll remember eventually. How can you get east in a galaxy? :P Have you read the story of the necrons? All the gods devoured eachother, and only the really mad ones survived, and they eat suns :D Very cool, if the next campain is based on Necrons i'll be happy!!!

Yea I've never collected spacemarines, but collecting dark angels could be cool one day. But that does sound cool...

I saw a really well modeled techmarine to look like Doc Ock at one point, it was hillarious, they had a Imperial Guard guy painted spiderman colors dead at his feet! The HALO troops look great though, and the Buggy they made is just cool.

Against Tyranids, using scarabs is really cool... it takes about 2 goes to destroy a scarab swarm group, so if they are trying to get to an objective, they get really annoyed!

I've only ever played 'Nids once though.

I finished my Chaos Knights (fantasy) today, i'll try getting some pics up tomorow. Greenish nurgle guys... quite cool, I didn't try mutating them though I didn't want to ruin the model.

If you don't have enough money for a large enough army, you can just use a really small army. Sometimes smaller armies are more fun than big ones actually, but you should try kill team. If you really want to play, go into your local GW and they will give you an army to play with :)

Have to say... Can't wait to try out C'tan with the new rules. And necrons will work really well against tanks too... glance on a 6 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

actually all 4 c'tan remaining are named.

nightbringer (who battled khaela mensha khaine, and LOST!) who bought the fear of death into the universe.

deceiver (whos been active for some time and is thought to have lead abbaddon to his sword, and stole cyphers phase knife) who did...stuff :roll: .

the outsider (in his dyson sphere on the eastern rim, and the east would, from our perspective (the 40k map includes a couple of star clusters, one of which is now the eye of terror) would be the... Beta qaudrent (star trek uses the same graph as we do) who ate many many c'tan and went utterly nuts, and was banished by the eldar laughing god, sealed in the sphere...but now hes breaking out.

edit: oh and rumours persist that the outsiders sphere (all ... o_O 223.2 million miles diameter (2.4 AU's) is his necrodermis, IE: the form he takes while galavanting around in his none energy form...UNICRON!

the void dragon, who all but exterminated the eldar, and who the talismans of vaul (AKA the blackstone fortresses) were made to destroy, they failed to kill him in some nameless binary system on the eastern rim (tau'va is a binary system on the eastern rim...sorry, couldnt resist) and then kinda dissapeared, though the iron hands primarch did fight a great drake whos skin was like flowing metal...and beat him!
other rumours put him at MARS, but its unlikely, probably some evil necron super weapon or another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woah... I really aught to pay more attention to the stuff on the website :P

Who's Khaela Mensha Khaine?

Deciever just decieved people.... and tricked people into worshiping him so he became kinda powerful... but he's only still around because he is the smartest.

Well the outisder will just own everyone... lol . But if he gets out there isn't anything powerful enough to put him back in, so that, of course, is going to be FUN.

Yea... Seeing as you know alot more about some of this than me *as a compliment* That mars comment... there was that necron ship which supposedly touched down on the surface of mars... Know anything about that?

I'll be going into the local Games workshop next weekend to play a few games hopefully, so i'll post my army lists and what happened :) I'll finally get to read the rulebook too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

khaela mensha khaine (AKA khaine, the bloody handed god) an eldar god who was originally a god of war, he nicked vauls (the smithy gods) missis and forced him too make 100 soul swords so he could battle nightbringer and his minions, they did so but one sword was fake and faded, its wielder dying.
long time later only khaine and nightbringer are left, nightbringer swings and phases in and khaine stabs him under the left arm, a shard of his necrodermis infests khaine and he becomes the god of murder.

the deceiver may be powerful (instilling fear even into fearless troops!)
but the void dragon is FAR harder than any of them, its thought ol deceivy is trying to unite the last c'tan against him.

ah mars, a small group of necron ships (harvester classes i think) ran the terran blockade (the most heavily defended system in the galaxy) outrunning all the defences easily, touched down on mars (in a specific trench, forget the name but its mentioned in the codex) and...did nothing :roll: though its thought to have something to do with the void dragon and his hiding (possibly) on mars (though i think its somthing else, a necron uber weapon if you will)

edit:
http://www.games-workshop.co.uk/40kuniv ... efault.htm

naeogeddon: a dead world, this is where the deceivers tomb was, hes been gallavanting around the galaxy being a nuissance for some time now.

the dyson sphere: this is where the outsider is, its cracking, and he'll be free soon if he isnt already (EOT redux, mentions a necron force being directed by a "truly mad god" which suggests the outsider is atleast awake and commanding his forces)
book: something like deus ex machina i think?

pavonis: nightbringers tomb was here, aswell as his super weapon (lost in the warp -again- so hes not getting it back, this story can be found in the book "nightbringer "(recomend it) with the best line being at the end when the captain confronts nightbringer with a melta bomb strapped to the nightbringers recall devic "your fast...but are you THAT fast?"

mars.... :evil:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next