An artistic oracle. Meet fellow creators and swap advice. Every skill you can imagine is on show.
Topic locked

Questions

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:37 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...
I've got 2 questions. And, if other people want to ask questions, I guess they can post them here too! :)
Question 1. In Photoshop, when making avatars and sigs, is there an easy way to make a boarder? I just use the rectangle tool... Then, the boarder doesn't end up even.
Question 2. How do you get fonts into Photoshop? When I download fonts, they are saved as Winzip files, and when I try to open them with Photoshop, it doesn't work.
Thanks for reading! :)

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:46 pm

1. I just use the pencil tool and press shift to make a straight line.

2. I think you have to unzip them first with WinRAR.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:53 pm

Ok, thank you very much! :D

Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:59 pm

1. There are several methods...
a. Select the area, then Edit >> Stroke.
b. Right-click the layer you want a stroke on (or make one with 0% fill opacity) and go to Blending Options (you can also access this by double-clicking the layer). Set the stroke from there.
c. Pencil it in.

2. Unzip them first (WinRAR or Winzip), then go to Control Panel >> Fonts. Drag and drop the font file into that folder- that will install it.

You might wanna check the Tragic Muse operated by Marissa; she's compiled some tips and tutorials made by PPTers there.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:19 pm

Ok, now both my questions have been answered, very clearly. Thank you both of you, for the help! :)

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:34 am

In reference to your first question: I often take the avatars and sigs over to Microsoft Paint when making them and then zoom in a use the line tool. I've found when it comes to avatars and sigs (or any graphics for that matter) and such you really have to mess around until you find something that works for you :) Of course, asking for assistance and ideas when you first start out is definately a good idea too!
Topic locked