An artistic oracle. Meet fellow creators and swap advice. Every skill you can imagine is on show.
Topic locked

Grids...

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:03 pm

How could you make the grids with Photoshop 7 or PSP8?

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:05 pm

The easiest way is to define a pattern, in PS7 at least.

Just make a 4x4 (or whatever size grid you want; the bigger the square the larger the grid squares) and just draw a line along the bottom and the right side. Press Ctrl+A, Edit-->Define Pattern, and you can fill with it then.

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:15 pm

Thanks! Hmm....it works pretty well...

Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:14 pm

For PSP 8, I use the blinds tool. :)

Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:07 am

Same here DM, but I can't figure out how to get a proper grid .. you know - with squares not just lines?

Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:31 am

I can explain it in PSP8 - do the first lot of lines (blinds feature), then go through the same steps - this time checking the box that says 'Horizontal' (or unchecking it if you had it checked before.)

Of course, the other option is to just use a brush :)

Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:32 pm

Alex wrote:I can explain it in PSP8 - do the first lot of lines (blinds feature), then go through the same steps - this time checking the box that says 'Horizontal' (or unchecking it if you had it checked before.)

Of course, the other option is to just use a brush :)

Ahh!! I never thought of that!! Thanks :D

Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:31 pm

maniac wrote:Same here DM, but I can't figure out how to get a proper grid .. you know - with squares not just lines?

There's another way too besides the blinds tool: http://www.magitek-designs.net/index.ph ... idgraphics

Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:24 am

Yay!! Thank you v. much!! Next set I make it gonna have a GRID!!!!!!! :evil:
Topic locked