An artistic oracle. Meet fellow creators and swap advice. Every skill you can imagine is on show.
Topic locked

Faded........

Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:12 pm

How in PSP8 can you get pictures faded? For example in a sig, if I wanted the main picture faded in the background ... how would I do it????? :(

I've thought this looks cool for ages - and I think it would improve my sets if I could learn how to do it.

Anyone help?? Please????

:)

Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:32 pm

I'd imagine you'd just put it on a new layer and lower the opacity of it.. there's probably a better way, but that's the best I could think of.

Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:28 pm

Alex has it right. Open an image or create a new one, paste the second image ontop of it, and select it. Then you will go to layers > properties. A window will open up and you will have several options to mess about it. To preview the effect click on the eye {in case you haven't figured that out yet}. You can adjust the opacity to make the image bland in more with the background, etc. {I'm hoping this is all the same for PSP8, as I only have PSP7.}

Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:59 pm

Ahhhh! it becomes clear ... I just never clicked - I've discovered that way before - just not thought about using it for fading ............ :oops:

[yes robot - you do that in PSP8 too]

Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:00 pm

I guess follow their advice, but I do mine by the clone tool. But that takes forever.
Topic locked