Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:08 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

AutumnElf wrote:
_jaye: Oooh. I'm getting dizzy just looking at them =P I really like "Dizziness" and the whirlwind and lines and everything. The "Jealousy" one, I find a little plain for some reason o.0 8/10

Lemme rephrase that....On the "Jealousy" one, you have kinda more smooth swirlies, while on top of that is a layer with chalky white random lines. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really think they work together well.

Rachel: Here is the version without the stroke...
(And yes I know you only recolored the images, but the freckles look out of place with color. Wierd? :roll:)

Hyperflutterby: Am I wierd to say I like the av with no animation? I dunno, I think the animation could be smoother, and plus the white doesn't fit in with the blue/purple theme. Oooh, I like the faerie pic on the sig, but is that a head on the bottom or what? o.0 Also, the fade on the bar isn't the best quality, as it doesn't really "fade" but rather goes abruptly from one solid color to a semi-transparent purple. Eh, I'm going overboard on the criticizing, aren't I? Ah, well, other than that the set is very beautiful and I like the glowy stars but - ah, nevermind :P

Set -- Silja

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Autumnelf: Ok, i like them both, so i'm not sure. The one with the glow toes in the image, and makes it seem warmer. but then the one without the glow matches the text in the sig more. It also looks less dark without the glow. does that make sence?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:11 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

_jaye_: Both wallpapers are nice. Photoshop filter wallpapers are always fun and usually do turn out nice. 8/10

Meowth: Nice set. I remember the days of "bubble" tests. The only thing I can suggest is maybe a half-tone rectangle behind the name to tone down the "busyness". 8.5/10

Slorg: I love the av! The sig needs a bit of work. What I would do is make the green block part of the sig smaller and do more cutout around the Plushie. The green is just too much empty space. 7/10

AutumnElf: I really like the set. the only thing I can think of is maybe a border? Then again maybe not. I like the second av better than the first. 9.5/10

Rachel: I love the recolors. Too bad Neopets doesn't do the images that way for the gallery. The freckles do look odd, but they look that way in the original too. 10/10

Taking ratings on my new set.

Image ImageImage
Set me. Proud owner of a very hyper Australian Shepherd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Shingamisrevenge: The text on the av looks very clunky. Try using a different font size, or even a different font. Good blending of images on the sig. The people in the foreground are sort of jagged, especially around the back of the girl's head. Perhaps you could try blurring that a little? Overall, 8/10.

AutumnElf: Amazing set! I prefer the av without the stroke, but that's just me. Other than that, maybe you could smooth out the sig text a little? 9.5/10

_jaye_: Those are both gourgeous! I think the jealousy one would look cooler if it were a bit darker, and maybe an electric, matrix-y green, but that's just me. Photoshop filter stuff is fun^^ 10/10.

r4che1: Wonderful job. I especially love the colors on the Fyora one. 10/10.

--------------

Ratings on my current set?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

AutumnElf: I really love the text effect in the siggy, but the text in the avatar doesn't quite match up... I must also say that your choice of image is excellent, where did you ever find such an exquisite image?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:23 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Amethyst: Ooh! Love the subtext! The only problems I have with the set is the text is kind of hard to read and that dark red area to the left of the sig looks kind of plain and out of place. But thats probably just me, so yeah, Good job!!

Can anyone rate my sig? *points down*

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:23 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Darklegendary wrote:
Amethyst: Ooh! Love the subtext! The only problems I have with the set is the text is kind of hard to read and that dark red area to the left of the sig looks kind of plain and out of place. But thats probably just me, so yeah, Good job!!

Can anyone rate my sig? *points down*

Darklegendary: Wow, That siggy is really nice! good job! But its a little bit dark, It took me a few moments to see whats in it... 8.5/10

Btw, Rate another -ugly- set I made for myself? I'm probably not going to use it... ;)

Set by sir_michael, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Slorg wrote:

Btw, Rate another -ugly- set I made for myself? I'm probably not going to use it... ;)

I think that the set is cute. The text blends in very well in the signature, but you can still make out what it says. The colours go very good together. I give it a 8.5/10.

Can someone rate this blend that I made, please and thanks?

^ The one picture of Sam and Frodo was coloured weird, so that is why it is so light in the blend.

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:03 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

bluehawaii: Wow, that looks awesome, I love how you did the text in the background! Good job!

Just practicing blogs, can anyone rate?

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:04 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Amethyst: Nicely done. The only thing is that, on the main text on the sig, using the overlay effect looks nice, however on the darker side of the sig (Right side, I believe) it'd look better if the main text darkened a bit with it. Also, the overlay effect on the av DOES match the sig main text, however it looks a bit...strange. - 8.5/10

Darklegendary: (Sig) Oooh, I like it! The only problem I have with it is that the main text's color looks out of place with the overall colors of blue/purple. Also, the text is placed so high that the "K" touches the border. Try moving the text done a bit? Otherwise, wonderful job! - 9/10

Slorg: Three things I automatically noticed: 1) The thingies (What ARE they?) are cut off a bit on the top and bottom, looking a bit awkward, 2) I don't really like how the main text blends in with the background, making it hard to read while the thingies stand out and aren't altered and 3) The "Slorg" text in the sig is not centered :P 8/10

Darklegendary: (Blog) Oh, it's very pretty! I love how the leaves cover a corner of the text space. The only things are, what's up with the glowy blue around the text area? It's very out of place, and the color doesn't match either. Also, the "Angelic" text (Maybe it's just me) doesn't look quite as good when it's slanted as maybe when it's straight. And, one thing I just noticed is the thick border doesn't look very good. Maybe just use 1 px? - 8.5/10

Set -- Silja

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, haven't rated in so long. PPTTG ratings suck all the energy out of me.

<b>Slorg</b> -- Cute background. Everything would be perfect except that the text is way too hard to read. It completely blends into the background. You need to make it dark pink or something. Also, where's the black coming from? Choose a border color that goes along with the color scheme, perhaps a deep magenta or fushia.

<b>Darklegendary</b> -- There is too much empty space. You need to shift the blog area over to the left, a lot. Get rid of the outer glow. You need an overlay for the blog area so you can actually put text on it. Do keep in mind that there is going to be text in that box; this means that you need to make the blog area some color that will allow for text. And see how the box's current position runs into the leaves? How do you think the blog will maneuver that corner? Coding does not allow for strangely shaped text boxes. Suppose you moved the text box over to the left like I said. Then with the current text placement, the blog will be unbalanced, and the eyes are drawn to the left side. Then you would need to move the text over to the right, or just align it normally to make it even.

Please rate the set I just made. Inspired by the Yellowcard song, if you couldn't tell. It's completely edited by me, lighting and all. The original image is here.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Slorg: I like how you've made the little images in the background. the only thing i'd change is make the outline around the name darker, as it's soo hard to read at the moment. i'd also consider putting in a little subtext underneath the name, as there's space there. Lastly, i'd use a different colour to outline the whole sig, as there's no black in the image at all, the black outline looks a bit harsh.Other than that, i quite like it, it's nice and balanced.

vkceankraz: I love this set. it's simple, but doesnt look boring. the only thing i'd change is to slow down the animation slightly, as i can only just read it all before it changes.

Darklegendary: I like your blog, it's very serene. The only thing i dont like is how where you've made it paler around the blog box, and then inside the box its suddenly not paler anymore, i'd keep it the same inside the box (did that make any sence). other than that, it's lovely, particuarly the leaves over the corner.

bluehawaii19: Another amazing blend, i dont know how you do them!!! i dont like this one as much as some of your others tho, you've definatly done better (not that this one isnt good tho)

As well as a rating on this (infinished) sig, i'd be VERY appreciative of a subtext suggestion... it's not finished at all yet, but i've kinda hit a stop without the subtext im reluctant to finish it off :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:37 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Kim (Vkceankraz): I like that set, it's quite cool, the outcome of the image editting is really cool. Good job, but I think you should add an outerglow on the subtext.

R4che1: I like that set too, but the only problem is how the subtext graphic reappears (or disappears on how you look at it.) on the left side of the face.

Anyone wanting to rate mine? (Not mandatory :P)

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

xerai wrote:
R4che1: I like that set too, but the only problem is how the subtext graphic reappears (or disappears on how you look at it.) on the left side of the face.

That can be changed, it only looks like that coz i put the box all the way across. i can just make it shorter. it wouldnt be visible on the left side then (As it wouldtn be there). thanks for pointing it out tho, it's coz i made the wing slightly transparent.

I like your set. i noticed it the other day when i read one of your posts actually. i like the way the text changes colour, and kinda says 2 different things whether you notice the colour change or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

xerai wrote:
Kim (Vkceankraz): I like that set, it's quite cool, the outcome of the image editting is really cool. Good job, but I think you should add an outerglow on the subtext.

I have to say, Xerai, you set is actually so lovely. Its really nice, and especially with the black-watch situations (I live in the Blac-watch regiment townie place, so we get alot of the news here). I love the text effect, its really nice, and how the picture blends from the face to the shadow's of the face to black. Although there isn't much to fill up the space, it seems to do it nicely. For an overall, wonderful, effect:
9 1/2 out of ten

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next