Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:40 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

xerai: I like how the face fades away, but there is way too much empty space. Maybe you could have another, less visible picture in there or something. Also a dark brown border doesn't work on a black background, I suggest to use, either a much lighter shade or just leave it black. Other than those two things, the set is very nice. :)

Please rate my ebil msp set. ;)

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:39 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

To be honest, Darklegendary, I was going to get a picture of a back of a truck that are used by the military and fade it in the background (The whole 'leaving/going away' down a dusty straight road effect). But I couldn't find one that I liked so I didn't bother. Besides. I think the black space works well, and the text wouldn't stand out so much and have such an effect. Dark brown border? It's grey.

DG: I like this set but I don't like how theh poogle is upside down, and I also don't really like the uneven glow. You should have the poogle like in the avatar, and even the glow out. I like the background though =)

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Last edited by Paul on Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:43 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

xerai wrote:
To be honest, Darklegendary, I was going to get a picture of a back of a truck that are used by the military and fade it in the background (The whole 'leaving/going away' effect. But I couldn't find one that I liked so I didn't bother. Besides. I think the black space works well, and the text wouldn't stand out so much and have such an effect. Dark brown border? It's grey.

Grey? Oh, sorry about that, it looked kind of brown at the bottom of the sig. :P

-used to be darklegend-
currently: lurking ^-^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Dark: I like the bright colors of the set. I think the MSP being upside down in the siggy fits. Very nice. 9/10

Xerai: I think your set is very appropriate for the times. I think the black works very well in the right side. The image you chose is very moving. I don't think you need anything else added to the image, but I agree you may need to make the border a touch more noticeable. 9/10

Rating on what will probably be my Xmas set and still taking ratings on my current set.

Image ImageImage
Set me. Proud owner of a very hyper Australian Shepherd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

<b>xerai</b> -- I like it a lot. The only change I would make is to move the text to the center of the empty black area. The set is kind of unbalanced the way it is, but the simplicity still conveys a very powerful message.

<b>Darklegendary</b> -- Very nicely done! I like how the thick border goes with the thick lines of the MSP. The only thing I dislike is the bland font that you used for the main text. Everything else is lovely.

<b>shinigamisrevenge</b> -- You need to put a border around it and move the subtext up, because it's too close to the bottom. Also, you might want to smoothen up the animation; presently, it's kind of choppy. Just speed up the transition frame speed, but leave the opaque frame speed alone.

Could I please get more ratings on my Ocean Avenue set?
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:14 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

vkceankraz - I love the way the fading is and I love the font. I see nothing wrong with it, except the black border doesn't go.

Shingami - I've seen better out of you. The fading's kind of choppy and the background got distorted by .gif. I also don't like the way the avatar focuses on the image.

Dark - Well done! I see absolutely nothing wrong with it! =D However, I think that the font is too plain. Maybe a font like Evanesance (forgive if it's spelt wrong) would look better, but that's just me.

Rachel - I don't like the background, because it's a bit busy. I also think that it should be saved in a .gif or .png, since .jpg always mutilates graphics and screenshots. You're awesome at recolouring though! I want you're talent with that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

shinigamisrevenge: this is a nice simple set, but not boring. i like the subtle animation of the star. I would suggest having some kind of border around the edge tho, even if it's just a 1 pixel border in some shade of blue. Personally i would also have tried making the name a little bigger. other than that, it's really good :)

I've made some subtle alterations on my ilusen sig. opinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:28 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

vkceankraz wrote:

Could I please get more ratings on my Ocean Avenue set?
Image Image

I like the whole look and design on the set. It is very plain, but that is why I like it (I don't mean plain in a bad way). The text on the signature stands out, which is good. The animation of the subtext is a bit fast, but that's okay :) The colours all go well together. I give it an 8/10.

Can someone rate this colourization I made for fun last night, please and thanks?

The image is from the December 3rd issue of Entertainment Weekly.

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

darklegendary - REALLY original! a very dared colour choice; i would never use pink on an ebil (xD) picture, but you managed to make an ebil pink :D One bad point, use another font then arial on the sig ;)

Thinking about changing my set, anyone rate it? :)

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:34 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Rachel - Ee! So cool. <3 The colors are beautiful. One suggestion, though - maybe a slightly more elegant-ish font for the main text? I dunno, I like the boldness of it, but it seems maybe a little too overpowering. At any rate, lovely sig! Keep it up!

Ah, well, I saw the Avalanche TCG card and felt it was calling me to make a set out of it, so I started on the sig tonight. Haha, I know.. I kinda went cut-out crazy, but since when have I not been anyway? :P I tried to make it subBlack friendly. Comments/suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Shinigamis Revenge - This may be overly critical, but only because I'm trying to help. Let's start with a key thing. Every set really should have a defined, solid lined border. This gives the set a more complete and finished look. For the av, you've cut the head off in the entirely wrong way, though I think I know the effect you were going for. Next, choose a different font for the subtext in the sig, as the one you are using has too much space between letters and makes it look a little sloppy. Maybe make the image of Heero a little larger in the sig, as well as your main text.

vkceankraz - This is merely because I'm picky. Your animation goes too fast for the second line of text to be read the first time round. This is a very simple and clean cut set. I like the smooth lines, animation, and main font. The av almost seems empty to me though, and it isn't really, so I don't know why I'm thinking that. Blegh. Ignore Flamey about the av.

r4che1 - I love nearly everything about it. The background is very different looking, but in a good way. The only think I'm not liking is your font and text box color. I think maybe just adjust it a little. This one is a little too...I guess yellow. That color is hard to describe.

bluehawaii19 - Once my computer decides to load this, I'll rate it.

Jens - Okay. I don't like the cutouts in the sig, and the rounded edges are way too choppy. I love the effect you've used, but the background is faded out so much it's hard to tell that the bright box the ship is in fades into the rest of the ship in the background.

Riddikulus - *blink* I've never seen you before. Okay, anyway. I'm absolutely loving the cutouts. Haven't seen them used in such a unique way for a long time. I love the snowflake detail, and the thin white border around the whole sig. This is me being picky, but I don't like where you place the word 'oh'. I think your name or something is also along the top diagonal, but it's so pale I can't tell....So maybe bring that out a little bit more.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:33 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Riddikulus: I like the sig a lot. The cutouts are great. I have to agree with Flame, the word "oh" seems to be a bit awkward where it is and it is hard to see you name along the angle. I know you might not want you name to stand out but not being able to see it very well makes people look at it even more. Over all its a good piece. 9/10

Thanks for the suggestions from everybody. I reworked my set if anyone wants to rate the redo.

Image ImageImage
Set me. Proud owner of a very hyper Australian Shepherd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

*cracks fingers*

Darklegendary I like the backround colors :D I wouldn't go with a sans-serif font on the sig though.

shinigamisrevenge It's a bit plain, I can't tell if you did much to it. Good job on the animation witht he sig though.

vkceankraz <333 that song! Did you use Kravitz Thermal for the text on the sig? I have it lol. Love the pic though, and the lyrics fading in the sig and stuff. It's awesome.

bluehawaii19 Woah, colorization. The colors look great, I just don't like the font that you used. But ignoring the font it's an awesome job :D

Jens It's interesting that you pasted the av onto the sig, and that the av is smaller than what most people use. Not very fond of the cutout that ou used or the font on the sig but the bg is cool.

Riddikulus [awesome username btw] very nice job on the cutouts! Love the snowflake in the corner, it's a nice touch. I'm just realizing for the first time that your username is on it xD. Very good job on it.

Alrighty. Anyone wanna rate my current set?

Image Image

If anyone doesn't get the main text on the sig, it says 'fzun' and it's Hebrew letters turned around to look like English letters :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

fzun: Very nice, I like the creativity of using Hebrew. Only thing I see that could use a little reworking is the border- you used a thick stroke on your text, but your border's very thin. Subtext is a little small too, but I'm assuming that's the best size for that font?

Riddikulus: Awesome stuff! I love the border especially, and the duality thing of making a set looking completely different on another layout. However, maybe you could fade that white sheen on the left a little. Also, your name really needs to be more clear. Perhaps you can echo the border there by using the black-white pixel motif.

Jens: Cool idea you have there...but the execution could be a little better. First of all, the really detracting thing would be the border; a little too pixelly. If your program can't pull it off for you, I suggest going for a straight border (which means the smaller square should get one too). Maybe change the colour of the border to a shade of purple as well. Also, the little rectangle things beside your name in the sig- perhaps fade them a little or give them transparency? *shrug*

bluehawaii19: Mm, good job there. The skin tone and hair colour are well done, as is the background. What's kinda bothering me here is the clothing. The jeans look a little fake or partly like sweat pants, so you could give it more of a denim feel by using several colours in a "pointillistic" way. Also, the shirt- the colour looks nice, but however, the words in the middle could be a different colour. I see that one of the letters are torn, so that could suggest that the original shirt was in varying shades, faded or something like that.
<hr>
Anyone care to rate the Christmas set I drew out, go ahead.
Av: Image
Sig: Morning / Afternoon / Evening

The sigs randomly appear in my sig space. I'd have coded it to appear by time if I knew how. XP

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

yoshi: i know that there are people who know PHP and can program that sig switching for the times of the day. but about the set: i like it really a lot how you drew it, it's really christmas style. the fact that it's also pretty on subBlack is a pluspoint. i don't have anything bad to say, it's a pretty set :)

(oh and BTW, if you can't get the random appearing work, you could also animate it)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next