For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Post a reply

Re: New Features in Neopia

Fri May 24, 2024 8:02 pm

Siniri wrote:Thanks! I don't have the bandwidth to follow them on social media. If it's not on site, it's not happening for me.

Same here, and that includes social media-adjacent sites like Discord. The posts here at PPT are infinitely appreciated. I cannot express enough how much they are truly appreciated.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:33 pm

Looks like we have a rough time frame for the old account purge, per this article that came out yesterday:
Neopets fans who have not visited the site in recent years are encouraged to log in ahead of an upcoming website cleanse scheduled for October, a month before its 25th anniversary, which will see the removal of accounts that have been inactive for more than 10 years. This purge will set the foundation to re-release petnames back into the pound for new owners to love!
So....if you have any friends who haven't signed into their accounts for a long time, or any accounts you want to try to recover, best to do so sooner than later!

Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:12 pm

I have lost a few side accounts and "parked pets" because I no longer have access to the email accounts to which those accounts are associated. Also, my primary email provider (that I have had for almost 30 years) rejects the incoming automated emails from Neopets, so password reset requests never come through. Fortunately, I was able to move my main Neopets account email moved to gmail (which does work).

Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:15 pm

Blue wrote:I have lost a few side accounts and "parked pets" because I no longer have access to the email accounts to which those accounts are associated. Also, my primary email provider (that I have had for almost 30 years) rejects the incoming automated emails from Neopets, so password reset requests never come through. Fortunately, I was able to move my main Neopets account email moved to gmail (which does work).
You *might* be able to get them back now, if you submit a ticket. No guarantees, but I know that they're doing something for people who don't have the associated emails anymore, at least, last I heard? Depends probably a lot on how much you still know about those accounts, etc.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:43 pm

Pickles wrote:You *might* be able to get them back now, if you submit a ticket. No guarantees, but I know that they're doing something for people who don't have the associated emails anymore, at least, last I heard? Depends probably a lot on how much you still know about those accounts, etc.

While I know the account names, and maybe the email associated with them, I do not know the birthdate associated with each. When I set them up, I picked semi-random dates :/ At least I learned from this and have settled on a "standard" (not my) birthdate ;) I also failed to make them Neofriends, so I cannot look up their ages to at least guess at the year.

Frankly, it may not be worth the effort to get them back. I do miss my Garrl and Hissi, though. Their names made me chuckle. Of course, their names would not work so well if they were zapped into a different species. That account is coming up on 20 years old. My 2nd side (15 year) might be worth getting, but there's no way to reset that password, either. The two pets on that account have awesome names ;)

I suppose that I can note their names and after the purge, create new pets with those names. It isn't like their ages make a huge difference.
Post a reply