For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Underwater Fishing

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:25 pm

So...my pet's skill is now at 55 for Underwater Fishing and I still haven't gotten anything good. Has anyone ever gotten anything good from Underwater Fishing?

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:35 pm

well at some point after level 70 you get the avatar. also, eventually you can get stuff like "genie in a bottle" which raises your pets level by 3 or something like that

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:59 pm

I would say that the good thing you get from Underwater Fishing is the status. A high score is one of the few things that can't be bought on Neopets. It shows you actually visit neopets.com and interact.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:55 pm

The best thing I've gotten is the avatar (only two of my pets have levels high enough to catch good stuff).

Here's a guide that shows what you can catch at certain levels.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:00 pm

hey thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time. ;)

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:02 pm

I've gotten a broken bag of neopoints or whatever its called, fixed it at the toy repair shop for a few hundred NP and got 2k+ in return :)

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:15 pm

yeah, I've gotten the broken bag of points a couple of times, but recently, all I've gotten are rotten shoes and tin cans and fishies...lol...at least those are edible, eh

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:35 pm

You can get some pretty valuable things from Underwater Fishing- stuff like the Pike Pike and Flask of Rainbow Fountain Water is worth hundreds of thousands of NP.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:39 pm

yeah, I was just reading about that from the link that _lexxia gave out. Seems like there's some good stuff to catch

Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:22 pm

burntouttrash wrote:You can get some pretty valuable things from Underwater Fishing- stuff like the Pike Pike and Flask of Rainbow Fountain Water is worth hundreds of thousands of NP.

Everyday I hope that my one of my pets might catch a Pike Pike...and they never fail to disappoint me.

Slightly O/T: burntouttrash, your avatar is hilarious :lol:

Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:03 am

My fishing pet, Friendly_coffee_nice, is at level 153 and I've never gotten anything worth over a few thousand NP...

Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:21 am

Back when it first started, the Titanic Giant Squid and a few other items could go for a tidy sum. Now there aren't many items left that will get you a lot of money but several still worth a few 1,000 to 10,000. My highest pet is at 153 and I've gotten some good stuff.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:30 am

i got my pike pike for 240k a few months ago, but all the other ones on the market were still going for 400k at the time

Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:49 am

I take each of my 4 pets fishing every single day, and their skills are around 140-150.
I've caught two really good items, a "17-Pound Trout" which I think I sold for around 200k back in the day, and just the day before yesterday I caught a "Flask of Rainbow Fountain Water" which I sold for 350k (could've held out for 400 or 450, but she offered within the hour and I didn't want to blow my chance of selling a possible HTS)
Then of course I get the cans and shoes, but stick a handful of those in a trade asking for an omelette and you've got yourself a meal. Sell the 10np+ junk plants/squid etc in your shop for a quick buck, pocket change can add up. I should know, the only way I make money is through dailies and the occasional game, and I'm at 2.9mil now lol.

Edit: I didn't realize how incredibly off track I got with this. Bottom line: YES I've caught good stuff before.

Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:34 am

I caught a pike pike about a month and a half or so ago and sold it for about 400k. For something that's entirely free and requires no effort whatsoever, I'd say that's pretty good.
Topic locked