For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Books. Question!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:28 pm

If your pet finds a book boring, will they never read it? or can you try and make it read it again after some time?

Re: Books. Question!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:33 pm

I think this has something to do with the number of letters in your pet's name (they won't read books that have a certain number of letters corresponding to those in their name--it's confusing). I'm pretty sure if you change the site to another language, you should be able to get them to read the book, then you can just switch back to your regular language. Otherwise, they'll never want to read that book.

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:38 pm

cool thanks!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:48 pm

If a book title has a number of letters in it equal to a multiple of the number of letters in your pet's name, it will find the book boring.

As the previous poster said, change your language, read the book, and change it back. If you use firefox, have your inventory open in one tab and the language prefs open in another so you don't forget how to change language back and leave yourself in a situation where you have to learn Portuguese or something.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:29 pm

Ahhhh. Been meaning to ask about this too - thanks guys, v helpful!

Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:16 am

What do you guys think of this way of doing it? Quashed my dreams of winning the book club i'll tell you what... it'd be cooler if your pet found books boring dependent on the color/species your pet was. Ie the Chia would find books about the 'heroic chia eating lupe' quite boring. and vice versa (lupes wouldn't read about the heroic lupe slaying chia)

multiples of the number of letters in your pet's name seems so impersonal.

Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:34 pm

zorg wrote:
multiples of the number of letters in your pet's name seems so impersonal.

I think we could go for weeks on this one.
Topic locked