For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Free Buzz training help- glitch?

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:05 pm

I'm trying to take advantage of the free buzz training today- trying being the operative word. I go to Cap'n Threelegs and choose my course; then when I go to status, it says I owe one dubloon. I've tried clicking on the "pay" button but it appears to just refresh the page.

Am I doing something wrong? I haven't done free training in awhile and I seem to remember it was a bit complicated. Or is this a bug I should be reporting?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Free Buzz training help- glitch?

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:24 pm

I think free pet training is only available on the actual pet day, regardless of when it's announced in the news. Looking at the calendar, buzz day is the 11th, so it wouldn't be available today. :(

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:34 pm

D'oh. Yeah, I looked at the date listed on the news and didn't check the actual calendar. Oops. Thanks.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:01 am

They do that all the time with pet days. It's so annoying! They should at least extend it through the news day - the news is always how I remember my pets' days anyway.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Note it down in your calendar if you think you'll keep your pet the same for next year. :)

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:47 pm

I dislike that it can sometimes be difficult to figure out free training days, in the way that you don't know if it's by the news date or the actual day...or both o_O

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:54 pm

I actually sent in a request to the NT editorial that they announce a reminder before or on the day rather than announcing free training in the news after the event is passed which they've been doing recently. All it does is causes upset and lots of help topics as most new users (and some old, me included!) don't realise that the calendar lists pet days and the news is almost always late/not in date.
Topic locked