For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Over 1000 Neopian Top Pets - Daily updated.

Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Hey Battlefriends,

I'd call your attention to my newest project - a daily updated Toplist of the strongest Neopian Pets. Currenty, it can be found at http://yeti.pinkpt.com/battlewreck/.
The list is updated by a little script every day.

You can order the pets by a lot of possibilities, compare your pet with others or observe the strenght of a Pet.
If HP+Str+Def of your Pet (or another Pet you know) is bigger than 300, feel free to add your pet to the databse.

I'd be thankful for some feedback, included evil spelling mistakes ;)
Last edited by climber on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: Over 600 Neopian Top Pets - Daily updated.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:16 am

As I've always said, a wonderful new addition to the Neopets community. It's a super script and it's great to see new ways of presenting Neopets information.

I've made a news post about this on the front page of PPT for you - http://www.pinkpt.com/index.php?comments=745 - and have linked it on the navigation menu. :)

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:04 am

oh, thats great :)

thank you very much!

Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Are we allowed to add the pets of other people, or do they have to be our own?

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:13 am

I'm curious as to how this works...is it done by a plug-in script used by some central user? I recall there were some freezings because of a similar project (related to live prices on the site) - the users who were doing the tracking were frozen for using that script.

Those of you who are interested, feel free to plug in your pets' data, because you won't be in danger, but I hope that the central database keepers don't get frizz.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Siouxper wrote:Are we allowed to add the pets of other people, or do they have to be our own?

You can add any pet, exepting users who won't appear in this list.

shapu wrote:I'm curious as to how this works...is it done by a plug-in script used by some central user? I recall there were some freezings because of a similar project (related to live prices on the site) - the users who were doing the tracking were frozen for using that script.

Don't worry - you can get the data of petlookups without being logged in. But the only way to get the prices of items is using the wiz, or somthing like that and in this case, you have to be logged in.
For battlewreck, a script on the pinkpt-server is grabbing the stats every day.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:25 am

Maybe we can hold a battle tourney and tie in Battlewreck to promote it some more. :)

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:54 pm

sounds great :)

Re: Over 750 Neopian Top Pets - Daily updated.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 pm

not that i mind at all coz i would have added him myself, but how did my pet get in there without me doing it? :)

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:26 pm

I think most, if not all, of the PPT Top Pets were automatically added to the list :)

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Siouxper wrote:I think most, if not all, of the PPT Top Pets were automatically added to the list :)

It is also possible somebody else added it :)

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:02 am

So this is legit, thank goodness. I was Googling Drilax out of curiosity (he's my pet, but he's adopted, so I don't know where the name came from) and found your site, which I didn't remember joining. I kinda freaked out for a second, before I saw the pinkpt.com part of the web address.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:09 am

:lol: A potential case of Neopian identity theft? Bwahahaha. :evil:

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:56 pm

I have to admit, that I ripped all Pets, I found here in pinkpt :D

The Google and Yahoo robots do a good job with crawling trought the site. They get lost with the multitude of links and so I have more bots crawling trought my side than real visitors....xD

So.. lets see... google... drilax... oh, raku, you should update your firefox, you're still using version 2 ;)

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:34 pm

climber wrote:I have to admit, that I ripped all Pets, I found here in pinkpt :D

The Google and Yahoo robots do a good job with crawling trought the site. They get lost with the multitude of links and so I have more bots crawling trought my side than real visitors....xD

So.. lets see... google... drilax... oh, raku, you should update your firefox, you're still using version 2 ;)

Just to mess with you, I'm going to visit your site with a spoofed useragent.

(and I prefer FF2 to FF3, for no logical reason).
Topic locked