For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Vanished Auction?

Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:36 pm

Sent: 13/6/2009 06:40am; Folder: Inbox; Subject: Vanished Auction :( ; Message:

Oops! This is a mail to tell you that your item up for Auction ID # 144583998 (%obj_name) has disappeared from the site before the auction could be resolved. As a result, the auction has been aborted and all bids have been refunded. Sorry!

Here are the bids that were placed : Bid : Array NeoPoints, placed by Array.

Yours Sincerely, The Neopets Team

What on Neopia...? o_O I've been trying to sell a Mysterious Swirly Potion that my Poogle fished up for me since the end of May... when I first saw the item, I thought I'd won the Neopian Lottery as I couldn't believe my luck at how much it was worth. I've been cursing my luck ever since though... as I'd yet to find a buyer. :P Anyway, yesterday I finally got an Offer (not from this 'Array' person though... I don't even know if that's an active account) I thought was acceptable and put my Item up for Auction (for 1 day). ^^ I log in today (after the auction was supposed to have finished)... and this is the NeoMail that greeted me. o.o;; I was totally shocked when I read that and rushed to my Inventory... the Mysterious Swirly Potion was still there, despite the message. And it said that it was still in the Auctions. I checked - it wasn't. Concerned, I put it in my Safety Deposit Box as I didn't know what else to do... then I came here. :oops:

Does anyone have any idea what happened and what I should do? Should I discard my Mysterious Swirly Potion since techinquely it doesn't exist or leave it in my Safety Desposite Box to rot? Or should I try to sell it again...? I'm actually rather nervous about logging back into my account incase I get frozen for putting it into my Safety Deposite Box. >.<

Re: Vanished Auction?

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:13 pm

Well, an array is any variable that can be indexed, not a user.

No worries - you can repost the auction without a problem.

Re: Vanished Auction?

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Thank you, I didn't have a clue what to do. :)

I haven't logged in since (my Hay Fever was rather bad yesterday), I guess I'll check to see if the guy still wants the Potion or not. ^^
Topic locked