It's okay
63%
It could have been better, but it will do
No votes
I don't particularly care for it
25%
It's the worst thing I have ever seen on Neopets
No votes
It's the worst thing I have ever seen, period.
No votes
What? There's a new Faerieland?
No votes

Total votes : 8

New Faerieland

Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:18 am

Now that Neopets has finally revamped Faerieland, what do you think about it?

Re: New Faerieland

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:06 am

It has its pros and cons. I think it looks better -- I like the animation (though I shudder what that would do to poor dial-up users), though it is a bit kiddified. At least it's not as cluttered/glittery as the Terror Mountain revamp, which made me feel a bit nauseous to look at it.

My biggest gripe about the new maps is that I'm a kinesthetic learner, and so my mouse-hand remembers where things are on the map -- it's much faster than reading the names or looking at the picture. But when things aren't where they should be, it really slows me down and takes a long time to get used to. At least, though, with the Faerieland revamp, for the most part it seems like things stayed relatively where they were in relation to one another. The Happy Valley relocation of things could only have been explained by a massive earthquake and rearrangement of tectonic plates.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:54 am

I agree that it isn't as cluttered/disastrous as the Terror Mountain revamp. After the Terror Mountain redeaux, I had to learn not to click on "return to terror mountain" after peeking in on the Garage Sale because the flash animations take forever to load and for some reason, I can't move on anywhere (even bookmarked) until the page loads. Not so with the new Faerieland.

BTW - The Hidden Tower is still there and can be found just to the right of the tallest rightmost tower in Fairieland (just to the left of Faerie Bubbles).

(I can't seem to upload pictures to Photobucket today, so I'll have to post the picture in a few days)

Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:29 pm

I have Dial-Up, and it takes 10 minutes just to load. Then the ads show up, so it takes forever just to load. I prefer the old one much more. :(

Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:58 am

domo_hello_kitty wrote:I have Dial-Up, and it takes 10 minutes just to load. Then the ads show up, so it takes forever just to load. I prefer the old one much more. :(

That's how I felt about Terror Mountain... and I have Broadband :x

Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:44 am

All of a sudden today, the Faerieland page has started pushing my CPU usage close to 100% -- no other Neopets page does this. It's quite annoying. I have a feeling restarting my browser would fix it, but since I don't need to go back to Faerieland today, I won't bother.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Looks better, but my browser hates it.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:58 pm

Kiyone wrote:Looks better, but my browser hates it.

Quoted for relevance. :P
Topic locked