For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Games not giving out NP correctly!! (Update 1/22: fixed?)

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Here's some wonky TNT math for you.

I played the following games, getting the usual amount of NP from each of them (I watched each score go through with the amount of NP listed). I started with 4707 NP, and ended up with only 8380 NP at the end.

Adver-Video (unknown NP)
Nickelodeon's Big Green Help Trivia 492 x 3 = 1476 NP
Fashion Fever 300 x 3 = 900 NP
Catch the Petpet 489 x 3 = 1467 NP
Kass Basher 1000 x 3 = 3000 NP
Splat a Sloth 370 + 430 + 470 = 1270 NP

By my calculations, I should have had 12820 NP at the end, but I ended up 4440 NP shy of that. So either Adver-Video gave me negative NP, or several of the above games are not giving out the NP they say they are, even though they are counting towards games played for the day. I definitely did not have a random event where I lost NP during this time interval, either. *scratches head*

Anyway, I just wanted to warn people that games might not be giving NP correctly. If anyone else could narrow this down, that'd be really helpful. I'm sending in a bug report to TNT with what I know, but unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the NP on hand until after several different games.

ETA: I played 3 games of the Dance sponsor game, and the scores went through and I got my NP. So then I tried to play the featured game. It showed I "received" 1000x2 NP/play, but I noticed after the second play my NP were at 13k... didn't think anything of it, played the third game, and saw the same message. I navigated to another page where I saw my account only shows 11k... and now I've allegedly played 3/3 of that game as well. Gamers, beware today!!!

ETAA: HTML-based games seem to be giving out NP correctly. According to someone on the Neoboards, KQ is also working.
Last edited by Siniri on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Games not giving out NP correctly!!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 am

That's weird...

I just checked mootix drop and got my 1000 NP as normal. o_O

Re: Games not giving out NP correctly!! (UPDATE: fixed?)

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:10 pm

1/21: I've checked again on the Neoboards, and some games are working for some players while not for others. Some are claiming to not be receiving NP from HTML as well as flash games.

I would suggest if you want to try games, check on the Neoboards to see what games are currently working for others, and then refresh your browser after every game to see if you are indeed getting NP (it'll show in the game window the proper increase in your NP, but then it won't actually allocate them, so it is important to confirm by refreshing).

I know, I know, Neoboards? But really, that is the most up-to-date source of info on this glitch... just take anything you read there with a grain of salt. Test things for yourself.

Just as an FYI, I did receive NP from both the Body by Milk sponsor game (around when I first posted) and the NGC game (about an hour ago).

1/22 Update: I've played several games (NGC game, Adver-Video, Green Trivia, Fashion Fever, and Catch the Petpet), and all have given out NP correctly. The glitch appears to be fixed.
Topic locked