For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Taunting the pant devil?

Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:18 am

I'm trying to get the avatar... I have 49 items in my inventory, including the Lisha+Jeran Plushie (from HT)... so is there anything I can do to increase the odds of Mr. Pants showing up, besides refreshing/surfing? I mean.. are there certain locations he's been seen a alot?

Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:20 am

just keep refreshing

Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:21 am

If I remmember correctly, to get the Pant Devil Avatar, you need to have the HT weapons/items in trades, and refresh in your inventory.

Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:32 am

No, its gotta be in your inventory. As for the weapon thing, I think it just has to be 1mi+

Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:47 am

Good luck in getting him :P

Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:54 am

I didn't think you actually have to get the Pant Devil random event... don't you just refresh in your inventory, and you'll eventually get the avatar?

Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:06 am

I don't even remember refreshing. I just remember having only my Battle Dung out, and then getting the av as soon as I went to my inventory. :)

Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:16 am

It has to have a value of 1mil+ and refreashing isn't alot, like simsman24000, I don't remember refreshing for it.

Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:42 pm

Sunshine Jenny wrote:I didn't think you actually have to get the Pant Devil random event... don't you just refresh in your inventory, and you'll eventually get the avatar?

Yeah, I'm sure you don't need to wait for a random event.

Try this trick I used for the other refresh avatars. Hold down the F5 key for 20 seconds or so. Release and see if you now have the avatar. If not, repeat as necessary. It should only take a few tries. :wink:

Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:46 pm

Refresh avatars can be irritating. I still don't have the meowclops avatar. I didn't have to refresh too long for the pant devil avatar though.

Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:22 pm

Does it actually steal the item or no?

Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:45 pm

BlueMech wrote:Does it actually steal the item or no?

I was wondering that since you people said it has to be in the inventory and not in trades...

Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:20 pm

It didn't steal the mucho expensive item I used. I got to sell it afterwards. Which is good, because I hate sunk costs.

Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:47 am

i wonder if they increase the likelyhood of you getting the event, if you have a HT item in your inventory, because i've been on neopets in my new account for 17 months, and i still don't even have the pant devil as an ordinary challenger yet :( so i'm wondering about my chances to actually get the taunt av, when i haven't even been stolen from before,

Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:41 am

It definitely cannot be in trades. When I used to have the mystery fruit bowl, nobody got it when it was in trades. You don't need to get the pant devil RE, you'll just get an avatar RE which is really easy to miss, so I'd keep checking your avvy list. :D
Topic locked