For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

Today only: NC Gift Box Capsules Half Off

Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:59 am

Today (Sat. 4/26) gift box caps are half off. Tomorrow they'll be 25% off.

I'm thinking of getting a few for some potential NC trading, but I'm a bit confused about how they work. Do you always get a random NC item, as well as at least 1 gift box? And is there any difference between the various capsules (besides the chance for a special, pretty gift box that works just like any other gift box)?

ETA: The answers are yes and no. I bought one on my side, opened it, and got 2 items (soft hanging lamp and friendly flying petpet house foreground -- what?) and one box, so I bought another there -- three more items (I heart NC flag -- ugh, pastel blue hair bow, and tower princess shoes) and one more box. Then I bought 3 on my main but didn't open them. I'll need to try on the items and see if I like any of them enough to want to send them over to my main. (I know I"m sending A Rolling Fog over, and maybe Rose String Lights... unless I decide to trade something from my side or like one of the new items enough to want it on my main...)

Re: Today only: NC Gift Box Capsules Half Off

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Sorry I just saw this. Yes, you always get at least one box, though you can get more, and generally, there's no difference between the types. (There have been a few that had a super gift box in it, which allowed you to send 4 items at once, but those weren't well liked, I don't think.)

As with any capsule, you'll always get at *least* the value of the capsule in items (at all non-discounted prices) - but they are definitely random.
Topic locked