For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

My Guild Member Handbook - Input Please!

Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:37 am

I'm trying to write a handbook for the members of my (small but hopefully growing) guild, and i'm looking for suggestions for it.

So far here's what i've got:

I. Mission Statement
II. Guild History
III. Rules and Regulations
A. Conduct in the Guild
B. Conduct elsewhere in Neopia

And then somewhere in there, i've got to write about my guild point system... I've invented a license system for my guild that allows members to earn points that would allow them to earn points that they can use to enter contests and buy special items from the guild "vault." These points may be earned by completing assignments given by guild council members, by winning certain contests, and by battling members of the guild in the battledome (wins and losses both earn points, but in different quantities).

So, do you see anything missing that I should include? PLEASE include input on my point system and how it could be improved. Thanks, all!!

~ JonDarkwood ~
(Status: trying hard to make a successful guild)

Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:37 am

I like it. Its very professional and interesting.

Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:41 pm

Perhaps you should also add some about spamming/helpfull posts and activity/inactivity.

Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:51 pm

Looks pretty good =] You could also make downloading Aretha Frankllin's Respect mandatory :D

Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:36 pm

I like that. Letting the members of your guild know what's good and what isn't. You could add in something about not using chatspeak or at least keep it to a minimum. It can get tiring trying to decipher some of that. Not spamming the board, not begging, no flaming or arguments, try to be helpful and respect the other guild members, things like that are always nice to remind people of.

As far as your point system, that sounds like fun. There is one small thing - there are no contests of any kind, including raffles, giveaways, etc. allowed anywhere on the site including guilds. I know, it's an old rule and one that was not really enforced. But recently, it has been. People are getting warnings, guilds have been deleted and guild leaders/council have been frozen. I just wouldn't want to see any of those things happen to you, as it seems you are really trying to put together a good, tight, rule abiding guild that you can still have alot of fun in.

Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:41 pm

Shoyru_Lover wrote:Looks pretty good =] You could also make downloading Aretha Frankllin's Respect mandatory :D

That should be a requirement for anything.

Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:59 pm

That's very nice! I'd give more input, but I'm just baffled. I can't imagine putting that much effort into my guild. Which explains why it doesn't exist, for all intents and purposes.

Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:33 pm

'Looks nice so far! :) I always like writing up guild stuff like this, though it usually does take me a while!
Topic locked