For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

New avatar/investment?

Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:44 pm

Hi, can you please make an avie for Fire and Ice Blade please. I bought mine during the war for 1.7 mil and now I can't even sell it for 1.5 million.. thanks. - Sayed3
Wow, that's some price drop! I will talk to the avatar queen and see what she can do :)

*nods* Should anyone with enough money to buy one get one?

Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:49 pm

No. You can get it in the Hidden Tower almost every hour of the day,so why would anyone pay more for it on the TP or Auctions?

Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:18 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't rush out to buy one...just yet.

Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:38 pm

I would think that the whole point of getting a HT item from the trading post was to get it a bit cheaper then what it sells for there. Kinda a pointless (and shameless) way to purposely inflate an item of its worth (not that I don't condone most avatar item pricing.)

Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:42 pm

Runevalkyrie wrote:I would think that the whole point of getting a HT item from the trading post was to get it a bit cheaper then what it sells for there. Kinda a pointless (and shameless) way to purposely inflate an item of its worth (not that I don't condone most avatar item pricing.)

Yeah, I'll have to agree. That's why I'm selling my Battle Dung for 500K less than the Hidden Tower. Of course, I'm not plugging it or anything....... :D

Re: New avatar/investment?

Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:36 pm

~Neo~ wrote:
Hi, can you please make an avie for Fire and Ice Blade please. I bought mine during the war for 1.7 mil and now I can't even sell it for 1.5 million.. thanks. - Sayed3
Wow, that's some price drop! I will talk to the avatar queen and see what she can do :)

*nods* Should anyone with enough money to buy one get one?

well that's how we got the pack rat avatar from someone asking for it on the Ed's....so if you can get one from trades for cheeper I'd get one then at least you might make a few thousand and be ahead of everyone when the av does come out keep in mind though it was a few months before tha pack rat got made and published from the asking lol

Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:38 pm

Yes, the editorial does seem to mention things that happen months down the road. We still haven't had Goldy day, for example. So it'll probably be a while before we see a FAIB av.

Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:43 pm

Vertigo wrote:Yes, the editorial does seem to mention things that happen months down the road. We still haven't had Goldy day, for example. So it'll probably be a while before we see a FAIB av.

There still isn't an avatar for people who have a lot of one item in their SDB either, and that was a while ago. No need to get excited yet. :wink: I do think a fire and ice blade may make a cool avatar, however.

Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:55 pm

dog wrote:
Vertigo wrote:Yes, the editorial does seem to mention things that happen months down the road. We still haven't had Goldy day, for example. So it'll probably be a while before we see a FAIB av.

There still isn't an avatar for people who have a lot of one item in their SDB either, and that was a while ago. No need to get excited yet. :wink: I do think a fire and ice blade may make a cool avatar, however.

I never saw where someone wanted a lot of one item lol just a lot of stuff in general...

Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:36 pm

I remember that, they did mention an avatar for people with lots of one item. And then borovan joked on the Neopets boards that 13,000 bottles of sand would get you his asparableh avatar. I bought about 50 then got bored. :D

Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:25 pm

I've never been rich enough to buy from the tower, but I've seen it and it seems like you can buy from it anytime you want. Or does it restock or what?

Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:59 pm

You can buy anything from the HT anytime you want, as long as you have the np. But sometimes it is closed for stock taking. I wonder if it closes at a certain time or it closes when somebody buys something.
Sigh, it's probably going to be another avatar I cannot get.

Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:06 am

no, its liek with the faerie queen doll, some are having trouble selling at 1.3mil, while at hidden tower its 2mil

Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:11 am

:( I was not happy when I saw that particular request in the Editorial, yesterday evening.

So what if the Fire & Ice Blade dropped 200K? If it had cost more while the war was on, then that is exactly why one paid that extra 200K then: it was during a war, when weapons were in high demand.

I dislike that this person wrote to the Editorial about a need to inflate item cost, and even more so that they went along with it. Now it is an unfortunate example to the readers.

Sure, everyone that owns rare weapons wants them to keep their value, but it's not fair to ask TNT to *poof* inflate prices for you.

Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:41 am

It's ok to ask for an avatar if he really thinks it's cool.. but I think the guy just wants to not lose the 200k nps >_>

Of course all weapons cost more during war time/pre-war. They are bound to lose some of their value after the war. Take for instance I saw people offering 3million pure for kiln before war.. now it barely sells for 2.75 million.. isn't that a greater loss?
Topic locked