Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is the info on this page still current?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:29 am 

http://www.pinkpt.com/sub_theworstcasescenario.htm

I was just frozen today, and I'm 100% sure I didn't go anything wrong. I sent in a report, but the responder from TNT is being very assertive of TNT's stance in freezing me. When I asked for proof, she decided not to, "taught" me how to keep my account safe from scams (yeah, cause you can really scam a frozen account. >_>), and continued to say that my account will not be returned ever. :/

Iris and Felicity, from your descriptions on the page, seem to be very understanding in terms of frozen accounts and forgiveness. But I just want to know if they're still with TNT. Wouldn't want to send a report to someone who can't do anything about it would I? :o

Post subject: Re: Is the info on this page still current?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:37 pm 

I am unsure if they still work for Neopets. Try mailing them both, just in case they still work for Neopets. If they can't help you, Charlotte (charlotte@support.neopets.com) is a great staff member to email. Be respectful and mature in your email, explain why you should be uniced and that you did nothing wrong, and include your Neopets username and any other relevant information (such as the exact reason why you were frozen) and include information that only the account owner (you) would know (such as the birthdate for the account, previous emails, or any of the information listed on the frozen form page). Also, be sure to submit the frozen form (you can find it here).

I wish you the best of luck in getting your account back :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:25 pm 

Charlotte's actually the one I initially got. :/ Like I said, she's continually said she wouldn't give me my account back because of evidence from their records, but when I ask for details (because I have no idea what I did wrong), she just tells me how not to get scammed. :/

But, I'll try e-mailing them both. And I'll hope for the best. :O

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I heard a lot about Iris from a friend of mine who was frozen a couple years ago...however, like Siouxper, I am unsure if she still works for Neo.
I hope you are able to get your account back. :(
Whoever this Charlotte person is seems a little shifty to me...for not telling you what it is you did wrong, if anything.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 pm 

Here's some parts of the conversation...

Me:
You state that I have been cheating at flash games. If I may so ask, where was I cheating? On the frozen screen given to me, it says "if you think the above reason was applied to you by mistake". I do think it was applied to me by mistake, hence my original reason for sending the form in the first place.There are tons of flash games I've played. If I have cheated on one of them, how am I to know which one? Surely you can tell me EXACTLY why I was frozen to give me a chance to explain. Please consider my request in order to prove my innocence or at least let my mind as ease at what I did. :)

Charlotte:
Thanks for your e-mail. While we understand the importance of your account, we are required to use the evidence that we have in our records. Based on this evidence, we are unable to return this account to you. It is your responsibility to make sure your account stays safe. Never give out your passwords or personal information, and use common sense when browsing the internet. If you are using a public access computer, such as in your school or library, please remember to always logout of your account. We are sorry, but we will not return this account.

How relevent her reply seems to be. </sarcasm>

EDIT: Well, tried to send an e-mail to Felicity, got an automated response from autoresponse@neopets.com reading:

Hello,

In an effort to improve our customer service and the speed with which we answer your e-mails, we have created a new web-based contact system on the neopets.com site, which is located at http://www.neopets.com/contact.phtml . From this new Contact Us page, you are able to send abuse reports, ask questions about the site, or inquire about a frozen account. Simply select the appropriate category, fill out the form, submit it, and we will look into the situation shortly. (Please note that sending multiple forms only slows down the process -- a single request is all you need to send to get a prompt response!)

By the way, because this email announcing our new system is automated, response to it will not be received. So, please do not reply to this e-mail. Instead, check out the Contact Us page, which should answer your questions about our new system.

Thank you!

The NeoPets Team

Guess it didn't go through... :/

EDIT: Same thing happened with Iris. :O

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:50 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

If you genuinely haven't cheated on any of the Flash games - It seems mighty unfair, but I doubt you have much of a chance getting your account back, and if you did cheat, well what did you expect to happen?

Considering you posted up for advice though, I'm assuming you fall in the first category, and my sincerest apologies go out for you. :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:29 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Some of the information in that article needs to be updated. Thanks Sioux for flagging those issues for me.

In terms of your account, just keep trying. It is going to be a long process so it is going to take a while, but as long as you keep fighting for your account, then you stand a chance of getting it back.

In the mean time, start a new account and play on that whilst you try to gain your old account back.

Rather than ask for proof, which they will never give, opt for full disclosure. Give the all your account details to prove that you are the owner of the account such as how the pets were created/adopted, bank balance etc.

From experience and conjecture, it takes about ten emails back and forth before you receive a real response. If someone says no, try someone else, but don't jump back and forth so quickly. Work one person at a time.

Best of luck and let us know how you do.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]