Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help! Account hacked into??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:59 pm 

So I had a neopets account years ago, and recently i remember it and started playing again
But today, all of a sudden, my account logged out without me doing it. When i tried to log in, it first said "You don't own this pet", then when I tried again it worked, but when i went into a battle, I noticed that for some reason, all my weapons were gone except for one scarab ring, the least valuable of my weapons by far.
Then I checked the bank, and even all of my neopoints (over 600,000) were gone.
What do I do? Is there any way of getting it back? C

I even had one of those PIN numbers for the bank, my equipment, etc, but somehow it's gone.
Help please?

Post subject: Re: Help! Account hacked into??
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, you can't get items or NP back. First things first, though, I would suggest changing your NP password, your NP PIN, and your e-mail account password. Run all your anti-malware software, and if any keyloggers are detected, change all your passwords, PINs, etc. (not just Neo, but any other sites you've ever been on, since your accounts could be compromised otherwise).

Once your computer is safe, you can try submitting a report to TNT. Like I said, you won't get your items or NP back if they were stolen, but they might be able to trace the IP that accessed your account and freeze the culprit. And if this was a glitch rather than a theft, maybe they will be able to restore some things.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea how/when this might have happened? Were you browsing user shops or the Neoboards? Did you follow any links recently? If you can remember anything, make sure to let TNT know; it might help them catch the culprit. You might also want to poke around in your "item event log" and "sales history" of your shop, just to see if they left any evidence there.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]