Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: DAILY DARE 2011
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:38 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

shapu wrote:
The hardest part about the Nova one, I think, is the protect-your-friend level. Other than that, it's all shooty-dodgy.

I'm good at the shooting, not so much with the dodging. It's the only one I'm stuck on, and it is getting frustrating

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

shapu wrote:
The hardest part about the Nova one, I think, is the protect-your-friend level. Other than that, it's all shooty-dodgy.

Shooty-dodgy-get-all-the-gems-get-lots-of-bonuses-die-at-the-right-time-on-level-3-to-get-the-upgrades-to-survive-the-protect-your-friend-level-except-die-anyway-because-that-level-is-impossible-oh-yeah-and-the-game-glitches-and-hangs-even-in-Chrome-and-I-hate-it-and-can't-get-past-500k

Yeah, it's easy except for that. :roll:

ETA: More helpfully, a friend found a video with an interesting technique that creates a lot of gems (used in levels 2 and 3). I only tried it a little, but I managed 49 gems on level 2 once. This should make it a little easier to reach 700k without the dreaded level 4.

The timing for level 3 is to try to stop shooting (while dodging bullets and novas) when you hear the shield get full, and then activate the shield with ~0:44 left, which will make it disappear right around when the mega-gun appears in the center.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:06 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
Life is odd... nothing happened Saturday, but it is postponed for 3 weeks...

I caught up on some Daily Dare. I didn't have too much time, so I called it quits and versed Abigail, and a few times AAA. I'm on Day 23.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:00 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I finally beat AAA on Nova Defender (blasted my old high score out of the water with a 1-million-plus score)! It's the only game I haven't gotten the daily prize on, but I'm still on my way for gold. Here's hoping the last couple of games aren't too hard.

If anyone's still struggling on Nova Defender, here's another video with a style I call "kamikaze" (yes, I know I posted it above, but it bears repeating, with a few more tips). They use it on every level that has a pink gem appear (levels 2, 3, 5, 6, etc.). Basically, you try to let a lot of guys appear, and take advantage of the fact that the mega-gun's shield will turn bullets into gems (in addition to the novas).

For level 2, I find it easier to start herding the novas towards the beginning of the level, and then clean up the rest after I've gotten the pink gem. (I also find it's less risky to try to herd them into one quadrant -- preferably the upper left or upper right, so that you can reach the pink gem without getting hit. I also use my shield towards the end of level 2, if I've gotten hit twice, just to make sure I get 3 plays on level 3.)

I then purposely die towards the end of three twice before beating it, making sure I have the triple shooter, double shot, cannon booster, and a bomb for level 4. Theoretically, you could beat AAA by the end of 3, but I've never managed (closest I've gotten was ~650k with only a little time on level 4).

For level 4, stick to the bottom and sides, sweeping around the guy in the center, and just try to shoot the novas as fast as possible, without getting hit. Use the bomb when they start to overwhelm you, and use the shield to mop them up quickly, too. If you can get past 4, 5 and 6 are no worse than 3, really -- I actually didn't worry much about gems at all on 4, and I passed 5 with just the triple shooter, double shot, and cannon booster.

ETA: And the final game is Spinacles. With the exception of Nova Defender, I managed to beat AAA (including all Double Dares and team challenges) on game day. Gold trophy for me, woot! So glad I didn't throw in the towel on Nova Defender! I wonder if they'll continue the tradition of giving out NC along with the prizes... I'm considering using my last bit to buy one of the Lulu tickets.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Last edited by Siniri on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Siniri wrote:
shapu wrote:
ETA: More helpfully, a friend found a video with an interesting technique that creates a lot of gems (used in levels 2 and 3). I only tried it a little, but I managed 49 gems on level 2 once. This should make it a little easier to reach 700k without the dreaded level 4.
Which reminds me that I've been missing out on a lot of video Neopets related on YouTube. Will need to check that out at some point. :roll:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:19 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
I just finished Daily Dare! I am going to get a Silver Trophy. Wish it was platinum...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:02 am 

This year's daily dare was a great big disappointment for me. Maybe I'm getting old?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I don't know, Shapu. It was more of the same, just year 5 I suppose.

I actually gave it a fair shot this year, but still ended up with Silver. Stupid Nova Defender.

Perhaps next year, I'll just go for silver to start and avoid the stress of beating AAA on impossible games.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3