Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: New Features in Neopia [Split 1]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aww, bummer, Blue. Mr. P has missed collecting void essences...at least 3 times now...and it hasn't killed him to miss the 150 points, so you'll probably survive, too. Probably. :P (And we've all missed out on some points from the hospital, I'm sure...although honestly, we're probably more likely to survive by missing those shifts than not!)

It was apparently not down for more than a couple hours after all. No clue what got fixed, but it's back up?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
At least I had one good round of battling in before it went down, so if there is some "you battled every day" thing, I'll still be fine.

Site was down until just after midnight NST, so I just went ahead and knocked out most of my dailies and finished my 2nd battle round... realized I was in a battle when the Healing Springs Faerie refused to talk to me when I went to buy an item for QL ;) Not entirely sure if the 50 plot points for the unfinished round went towards yesterday when I started the battle or for today because I finished the round today. I think the latter. Oddly, I received 5 plot points on the 2nd-to-last round I did today.

I rekk'n that perhaps the NC Plot Point Cookie is the "make up" cookie for when these thing happen?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If you were partway through a battle round (So like, had beat 1/5 or 2/5) before the site went down, the ones you'd already beat would've gone towards yesterday's points. They are technically 10 points per battle. Since you got a round with only 5 points, you probably had gotten through 1/5 before so you earned 60/200 points yesterday and then 200/200 today. That's my guess, based on what it sounds like.

I hadn't thought about a "battled every day" thing. I doubt they'd do that to us with the whole "we understand there's busy lives" bit, but...who knows? The NC cookie would only have helped if you had activated it yesterday before the site went down, then it would've gotten your max battle points faster....but you still would've been short a chunk of them, so...probably not?

I just realized that this chapter has "while word travels that more lands are being targeted" as part of the chapter blurb. Maybe this means we'll get more battle challengers and more hospital slots within the next couple of weeks? Maybe? (Please, it would make life easier!)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:02 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks. That makes sense and sounds about right on the points.

I was thinking of the cookie as more of a "I did not get X points yesterday and have lost out on Y more" so I get a cookie and double up on the Void Collection points to make up for the X & Y that I missed out on. In theory, it would "catch me up" to be back on track to have the same number of "max earned" points had I not failed on any given day(s).

Would more battle challengers with more waves and 4 or 6 hospital slots really make it easier? More points per day, but a lot more clicks per day, too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:03 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I think it depends on whether the max number of points per day or play increases. If the max hospital visit points remains at 200, with 5 pets, you'd hit that in two visits a day. And if you got, say, 10 points/wave in the BD for harder challengers, or even just more NP/battle, you could get through those faster.

Edit 12pm NST 8/22: the BD is completely down, and the site is growing laggy. Apparently yesterday's fix wasn't.

Here's what's known to be broken:
1) Battledome
2) Plot pages:
a) hospital volunteering "select a pet" won't load, so you can't start a new shift, though you can end one
b) battling page to select challenger and difficulty
3) Healing Springs
4) ??????

EDIT 5pm NST: The pages are loading now, though still very slowly.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Aaaaand things got worse again and now we've got a Red Pteri.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:52 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yep. I have 120 points for hospital shifts and only 120 for BD. I got a message saying I'd already received all my points and prizes, but that was when I tried to do my obelisk battles and ended up continuing a plot battle that should have finished. Hopefully I can still get those last eighty points. At least I had done void essences already.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
Aaaaand things got worse again and now we've got a Red Pteri.
Came here to say this. Thankfully, I did ask of my plot battles and collected void essences easier today. Not looking good for last hospital shift.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:26 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

It didn't come back until after midnight NST, so there go my plot points. It was basically half the Neopian day that we lost. (I was at work during the less than an hour it came back, and things were very broken during that time).