Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: New SHH - Portal Activation Centre
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heh, just edited my post. But yeah, Red Toadstools shouldn't be that much. There's some items that are already nearly unbuyable if not unbuyable. Sigh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:07 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

There's an oblique reference to the water plant step of the Altador plot on the page where he asks you for the items. I got asked for:

Pygui Nesting Dolls x5
Orange Kreludan Bed x5
Yellow Snowball x5

Good thing I throw all my junk in my SDB, though it was slightly cleared out thanks to getting the rubbish avatar a few months ago. Thankfully I still had 4 kreludan beds in my neohome (and I left one of everything in the SDB) and 58 yellow snowflakes, so I only had to buy 2 nesting dolls, so I had to spend 330 NP. People are buying junk like crazy, jacking up the prices. I hope the ones who are buying up tons (and made me try 10 different shops before I could buy anything) get stuck with a bunch that they paid way too much for.

Hope I'm not already behind; I wish TNT had started this before I had to go to work.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I cracked and started to buy 5 of each (no more) thing that is 100nps or less (most are 10nps or less still). If I lose out on some nps later, I'm fine with that. I'm not doing this to resell, just to make things easier on myself when I next get an item quest. I have an extra adult in the house at them moment, so I'm taking advantage of that.

I've made it about halfway down the list of items that JN has posted (got locked out of SSW at Money Tree Window). So far this is the list of inflated items (above 100nps) and their (ridiculous) price at this time:
Amber Sword (23k)
Banjo (8k)
Blue Meerca Gnome Plushie (90k)
Camouflage Ruki Marionette (2k)
Cello (9k)
Chia Clown Punching Bag (500)
Cobrall In A Can (95k)
Cursed Wand of Shadow (600)
Cyodrake Scratching Post (500)
Cyodrakes Gaze Keychain (500)
Deadly Attack Spork (10k)
Elephante Attack Peanut (17k)
Gelert in the Box (95k)
Ghostkerchief Banjo (11k)
Gilded War Hammer (10k)
Gold Trimmed Tunic (10k)
Hand Painted Scimitar (10k)
Leaded Earth Vial (35k)
Light Acara Hood (4k)
Lucky Pandaphant Doll (2500)
Manacle Mace (35k)
Meteor Bomb (4k)

...I discard this stuff all the time, because I figure it's just extra weight on TNT's databases. Ah well. Sigh.

ETA: In case you're looking for where a specific item comes from (they're all from dailies)....JN has a cool guide
At a glance, it looks like the ones going higher in price are the ones from the Battledome, Grave Danger, and TDMBGPOP. Be sure to do those every day!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:22 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, thanks for that list, Pickles!

As I said, I probably have at least a few of most of those, just because I rarely throw anything out. I'd offer them to others, but it looks like this will take several steps, and I don't want to run out and not have enough left for myself in a later stage when prices are even higher. Then again, I did have over 50 yellow snowflakes, so there are some items that I have enough of that I don't mind sharing -- assuming I'm on when you're on. (I work ~noon to 7pm NST tomorrow, and only 9am to ~noon NST on Thursday, so I might be around more. You're probably better off sending me a message on Neo than on here.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well isn't this just terrific! NOT. I have to buy 5 of an item which is now selling at 15K. I do not have 75,000 nps to spend just on 1 item for 1 quest. Sigh!

This price gouging is out of hand. I though a couple of hundred but how does a 1np item get up to 15,000 nps??

This may be 1 quest that I can not do. :(

~~~

And to top it all off, just 2 days ago, I unloaded close to 1000 items to go for the Rubbish Avatar! :(

ETA: It just cost me about 46K for that quest. I don't have any more nps. This sucks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

If you're at all good at Key Quest, the negg points can be useful for quick cash. (Heck, even if you're not good, you still get a silver key in a two-player game. I usually skim to 16 negg points and then sell an Armoured Negg, which at current prices gets around 50k.)

If you aren't, ask here first? If we've all got stuff in our deposit boxes, maybe we can swap some of it around.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Oh man. I'm way behind on this one and it looks like it may cost me dearly.

Veiled Autumn Hat x3 -- 5 in SDB
Wooden Korbat Bat and Ball Game x5 -- 2 in SDB, thankfully only 100NP each
Maraquan Shieldmaiden Plushie x2 -- 2 in SDB

or not. I think I got very lucky this time!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm going to post what I have from Pickles's list. Anything that I've got more than 10-15 of, I'm willing to "share the wealth" (I might be able to spare one or two of things I've got fewer of; it's just that it looks like there are going to be about 9-10 rounds of this, at least... and since I was asked for 5 of each item the first round...). If more things inflate, I'll edit my quantities here. For cheaper items, when I did the rubbish avatar, I tried to avoid discarding single-use items (books, snowflakes/balls, food, etc.) and potentially inflatable items (weapons). But I ran out of all items that didn't fit in those categories, so I might be a little low on things like the fishing vortex fishes. So if you want any of those items, even if they're only going for a few hundred NP, I probably have a ton to spare, and I know saving every little NP helps when you're scratching the bottom of your bank account. Anyway, here's what I have from P's list:

6 Amber Sword (23k)
3 Banjo (8k)
6 Blue Meerca Gnome Plushie (90k)
7 Camouflage Ruki Marionette (2k)
14 Cello (9k)
1 Chia Clown Punching Bag (500)
5 Cobrall In A Can (95k)
3 Cursed Wand of Shadow (600)
7 Cyodrake Scratching Post (500)
2 Cyodrakes Gaze Keychain (500)
6 Deadly Attack Spork (10k)
6 Elephante Attack Peanut (17k)
1 Gelert in the Box (95k)
7 Ghostkerchief Banjo (11k)
5 Gilded War Hammer (10k)
4 Gold Trimmed Tunic (10k)
4 Hand Painted Scimitar (10k)
4 Leaded Earth Vial (35k)
9 Light Acara Hood (4k)
14 Lucky Pandaphant Doll (2500)
8 Manacle Mace (35k)
2 Meteor Bomb (4k)

ETA: I just noticed some of the expensive items I'm low on can be won in the BD. Does anyone know which challengers give each out? I may as well choose to fight them instead of Koi Warrior, and hope I get some of the items.

ETA: I just received the 10th console piece, and it fit in the last space on the bottom row, so it looks like there are 10 rounds of this. Eek. As you can see, I already had to nearly deplete my supply of cellos. Thankfully, my other two items were things I had an abundance of (Yurble Tales and Purple Scallop Shell).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks for the lists Pickles.

You are very generous Siniri, thanks for sharing.

I found a few items unpriced in my shop and a few in my SDB. Hopefully the next quest wont need anything too expensive. I have about 15 minutes before I find out.

As much as the nasty/greedy side of Neopia has been seen in all its glory, the best side of it has risen to the challenge.

"Sharing the Wealth", trading and give-away boards are in full swing. It is a truly wonderful thing to see. :)

I wish I could help out out more with other requests, but if anyone does need something, post here and I will try.

Good luck everyone on these quests.

ETA:
My 3rd quest was cheap, just over 1000nps.

Happy and relieved. I had 5 of the 10 items in my SDB.

I got piece 9 and had piece 10, so I only need #8 for one complete component.

* I have also delayed doing my daily battledome and Money Tree grab to see what my next quest will bring in 10 1/2 hours.

Re Keyquest: I play it almost daily and is how I am supplementing my pets training with neggs and the additional codestones (as well as the daily battledome) I have redeemed 6 gold keys for quite a good haul of neggs and codies. Just going to play a few more games now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:12 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I got off lightly today-- had most of it and what I didn't have hadn't inflated yet. But I picked up some spare Peopatras Petpets now while they're cheap in case anyone else here gets them and they inflate later.

Also, if Heart Toast Sculptures inflate, I have 22 of them. And similar numbers of orange Kreludan furniture. (As you can tell, I am pretty good at Key Quest, so really anything that is given out from there I probably have enough of it to share.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My quest earlier today cost me about 25k, got asked for 5 of something that went for around 5k. I thin kit was the pant devil item.

Anyways, was just lurking on the neoboards, and it looks like TNT has changed the way item requests work. At the moment, it looks like instead of asking for 2-5 of each item, it's now 1-3 of each item. This should help things immensely!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:56 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Some good news coming in -

TNT have reduced the required amount from 2 - 5 items to 1 - 3 items. This should have a slight impact on prices.

This lends for support to the reasoning that TNT did not expect this to happen.

It makes me happy that all those BDC'ers that try to support their claims that TNT did this on purpose for them to make profit has been thrown out the window. Quite a few 'oldies' on that board thought it was their given right to hike prices so high and were so obnoxiously proud of sending some 1 np items to unbuyable status.

** LOL, Pickles beat me to it!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woohoo! Prices are already dropping rapidly! Gelert in the Box is down to 75k (from almost unbuyable last night) and Blue Meerca Gnome Plushie is down to 14k (from 90k last night), just as a couple examples. Here's hoping this makes things more feasible!

ETA: Ouch. Got hit for 3 Cellos, 2 Space Goggle Helmets, and 1 Purple Scallop Shell. 9k-10k for the Cellos, 2kish for the helmets, and 150nps for the shell. Still, could've been much worse, I guess...
next quest won't be ready until around 6am NST for me, so I've got some time to wait. I've now got pieces 4, 7, and 8, so no where near complete on anything.

JN has prizes for completing Components 1 and 3 posted. A book and a toy. Still debating if I want to collect the three individual items, or collect the one item for building all at once. Guess I've still got some time before I have to decide on that.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:57 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I just got piece 2, so now I have 2, 3, and 10. This time it was 3 Gruslen pop-up books (I had several dozen), 1 pirate potato crisps (I had 16), and 3 Nupies (I had exactly 3 -- time to go fishing).

That's interesting, Pickles, that you can choose 1 prize or 3. Are you sure you don't get each individual prize plus one grand prize for finishing the step?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:30 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm quite sure-- it said somewhere on the Official Neopets Stuff that you can get one bigger prize or three smaller prizes but not both. What I choose will likely depend on what the big prize turns out to be; I have a pet who I plan to eventually get a Neopian Book Award for, so getting books for these events is valuable to me and it would take a stamp or something like that to make me go for the big prize when the smaller is a book.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next