Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Smugglers cove
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:04 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

There's a new smugglers cove item released called a Ship in a Bottle Snowglobe. I'm trying to restock it for my gallery, but does anyone know how many dubloons it costs? Does anyone also know how long you have to wait before you can refresh again. I refreshed too soon and got this message:

Quote:
Are you trying to get us into trouble???
Visiting the Smugglers Cove too much is a bad idea... you don't want to attract attention to their illicit activities do you? They will not let you pass.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm coonvinced this has something too do with the plot. Are you SURE it's an item and that is where it comes from?

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:30 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I saw someone post that they got it from the smugglers cove. And if you'll look at the trading post, some wishlist say "You have bought a Ship in a Bottle Snowglobe!!!" meaning they must have restocked it somewhere. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

fructy wrote:
I saw someone post that they got it from the smugglers cove. And if you'll look at the trading post, some wishlist say "You have bought a Ship in a Bottle Snowglobe!!!" meaning they must have restocked it somewhere. :)

But has anyone got it in their trades? I mean, I'd put it on show if I got one :/

I don't know why I am asking, I shall go and look myself.

Ahh there is actually quite a few of them in trades and stuff. Nice. I'm going to try and buy one.

EDIT: I neomailed a few people and they are going for about two mill. This seems excessive, even for something possibly plot related, considering how many have popped up.

Needless to say, I'm heading over too the cove to find out how many dubloons I'll need on hand. As it's a toy, it may also be a toy-shop thing?

Anyone know?

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:43 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

twinklyspangle wrote:
fructy wrote:

But has anyone got it in their trades? I mean, I'd put it on show if I got one :/

Ahh there is actually quite a few of them in trades and stuff. Nice. I'm going to try and buy one.

EDIT: I neomailed a few people and they are going for about two mill. This seems excessive, even for something possibly plot related, considering how many have popped up.

Needless to say, I'm heading over too the cove to find out how many dubloons I'll need on hand. As it's a toy, it may also be a toy-shop thing?

Anyone know?

It is indeed a Cove item; rumor has it that it costs 25 Dubloons. When TNT releases an item into shops, they mention it and provide a link; when they release items into the cove, they are often cryptic and provide no such link, and tend to make a comment along the lines of "washing up on the shores."

IDB Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

GIR wrote:
twinklyspangle wrote:
fructy wrote:

Anyone know?

It is indeed a Cove item; rumor has it that it costs 25 Dubloons. When TNT releases an item into shops, they mention it and provide a link; when they release items into the cove, they are often cryptic and provide no such link, and tend to make a comment along the lines of "washing up on the shores."

So probably costing around 50K to buy.

It's a little sneaky of TNT to release this item to confuse everyone over the weekend when we were hoping to make some leaps and bounds in the plot.

Grr. :x

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:13 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Twinkly, they're so expensive because the smugglers cove only restocks a certain number of each item and then the items retire. I read somewhere that they only restock 120 of each item, but I'm not sure if that's true. But 2 mil does seem a bit too much to me. There's also one in the auction for 1.7 mil and nobody is bidding on it. Maybe the price will drop a bit when more of these globes have been restocked and people will realise that hardly anyone is willing to pay that much for a globe. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:03 pm 

fructy wrote:
Twinkly, they're so expensive because the smugglers cove only restocks a certain number of each item and then the items retire. I read somewhere that they only restock 120 of each item, but I'm not sure if that's true. But 2 mil does seem a bit too much to me. There's also one in the auction for 1.7 mil and nobody is bidding on it. Maybe the price will drop a bit when more of these globes have been restocked and people will realise that hardly anyone is willing to pay that much for a globe. :)

That 120 items thing is correct - there are only 120 of each smugglers cove item in neopia at one time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

How often does the cove restock ?

*Spring forward, Fall back*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]