Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Scammed....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

For all the time I have been a member of Neopets, this has never happened to me before.
I was looking through the Trading Post and came across an Ixi Transmogrification Potion for 250K. I checked around and this seemed like a reasonable price. I made the offer and all seemed well. I saw I received a new event (in a foreign language) saying the person accepted my trade. When I went to my inbox, I didn't see any Potion but a Diary...

I reported this to Neopets, but cannot remember the user's name. I tried to see my Event Inbox, but the message is gone. Is there any way of telling the user's name?

------------------

Thanks to the wonderful Neko for the amazing set.

Post subject: Re: Scammed....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:06 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

If this has happened just recently and you have not closed your browser. You could try checking through history opening each neopets page in a new tab. This may work and if it does sent neopets a report several times so they get the message. It is a real shame that there are ppl stealing accounts like what happened to you.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The person didn't steal my account, just 250K since that is what I offered. The message comes up at the top of the page you are on and you go to your Events Inbox. When you click on the link in your Inbox, the message gets deleted. I was just wondering if there was a way to figure it out as I really want my money back, lol. I checked the trade post, but now the potion seems to be gone, so I don't know who it was.

------------------

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Is your 250K really missing? I'm just thinking that at this time of year, people do randomly send gifts (especially some PPTers), so that could be how you got the diary. But if your 250K is really gone, definitely contact TNT.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:15 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

May wrote:
Is your 250K really missing? I'm just thinking that at this time of year, people do randomly send gifts (especially some PPTers), so that could be how you got the diary. But if your 250K is really gone, definitely contact TNT.

Nope, it is really gone. I would have gotten a message saying someone sent me a gift but it was the trade. It was in a different language (I want to say Japanese or Chinese) and my money was gone and the diary was in my inventory.

------------------

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ouch, that really sucks.

You can confirm for sure that it wasn't a gift + glitched trade with your Item Event Log. It doesn't seem like it is, but it's good to rule out the non-malicious options first.

TNT keeps records of trades, and an offer of 250k on a Diary is sufficiently weird enough to convince them that there was probably a scam. Report it, with as many details of the trade that you can remember, and hopefully they'll restore your points. However, the FAQ says they won't do anything about "honest" unfair trades, so you may have to make a bit of an effort to convince them it actually was a scam.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:58 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pudding wrote:
Ouch, that really sucks.

You can confirm for sure that it wasn't a gift + glitched trade with your Item Event Log. It doesn't seem like it is, but it's good to rule out the non-malicious options first.

TNT keeps records of trades, and an offer of 250k on a Diary is sufficiently weird enough to convince them that there was probably a scam. Report it, with as many details of the trade that you can remember, and hopefully they'll restore your points. However, the FAQ says they won't do anything about "honest" unfair trades, so you may have to make a bit of an effort to convince them it actually was a scam.

I checked the Item Event Log thing and it says there are no items so I guess it wasn't a gift.
What I think happened was that I made the offer for the Potion but what happens sometimes is that it puts the offer on the wrong item. This has happened a couple of times to me before and I usually have another tab up to refresh the offers I make in case it goes on the wrong one, but I didn't happen to for the Potion and it ended up going on a diary.

Would this still be considered a scam or a glitch on Neopets part?

------------------

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:38 am 

This seems like a glitch on TNT's part because, as far as I know, there is no way for someone to "cover up" their trade lots to trick someone into buying an item they don't really have.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:01 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Siouxper wrote:
This seems like a glitch on TNT's part because, as far as I know, there is no way for someone to "cover up" their trade lots to trick someone into buying an item they don't really have.

Yeah, that is what I am thinking. How would I go about reporting this then?
This has happened a couple of times today when I made trades with people. I luckily had another tab open with what I have offered and quickly cancelled the ones that glitched.

------------------

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:25 pm 

The best place to report would be here

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]