Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pricing/retired items
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:35 pm 

So, I've finally reached 1 mil, because I finally decided to part with half of my SDB. I don't care about pet levels much, my main pet is pretty high without trying, so yeah. I'm not interested in battling and all that. I play just to play, i like making np. But anyhow, I've got a few retired items in my SDB which are worth a hefty chunk.
Anyhow, I'm doing pricing for them since my shop keeps randomly getting upgraded in size (sweet, deal right?!) But I came across Sparkling Seasonal Stocking, which is one of the goodie bag types that was given out in Y5. Now I can sell this for roughly 10k. Now I usually got a few k lower on big ones like this because it makes them more likely to sell and I don't like price gouging. But I'm wondering if opening it will reap better results rather than selling it. Has anyone opened one of these recently, and what was in it?

I'm also wondering if some of the retired stuff I should store away awhile longer to see if prices will increase (you know?) I hate to be the type of person to price gouge but I'm just wondering if I should make a smarter "investment", yanno?

Anyhow, I hope this is the right place. Any comments would be appreciated. I'm currently pricing everything in my SDB that is worth more than 1000k. :)

I'll be glad to post my list if someone is interested in checking out my prices and telling me whether I should up them or not. And I'm hoping to get honest answers, not people who just want to buy my stuff at a cheaper price.

Post subject: Re: Pricing/retired items
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:20 am 

Sparkling Seasonal Stocking, like most other "open it up and get stuff" type items, will give you mostly junk (it is because hundreds of thousands of other users all opened up theirs and most got the same items as each other, creating a large supply, driving down the price). You'd be better off selling it than opening it and hoping you get something nice.

Retired items given out in large numbers (Advent Calendar, very cheap prizes from Altador Cup, etc.) usually take a long, long time to inflate enough to make a decent profit (many years, if they inflate at all). Rarer items, such as plot prizes of a high worth, are good investments if you buy them right after they release. In a few months to a year or two, these items (such as the Altador Cup stamps, Ylanas Blaster, Ring of the Lost) can double or triple in value (sometimes even more)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]