Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Remember When?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Many of us at PPT have been Neopets players for...well, ages. There have been some really amazing times that I've been thinking back on lately.
For me, the Petpet non-plot was one of the craziest and most fun Neopets events ever, although not because of anything TNT did with that event. This was back in...'03 maybe? *checks Neodex* Yeah, June 2003. I was just 15 then, and still capable of pulling an all-nighter without sleeping the rest of the next day. That was right around the time I joined PPT. While we were waiting for something, anything to happen, we had ridiculous pudding fights in the plot thread. You think the s'mores discussion in May's WW Fun In The Sun game was bad? We were way worse.
And everyone remember "DFS0320=strawberryhotdogs"? Or is that just me?

The LDP was even crazier, but in a much more focused way. I still have my useless crystal and 13 handfuls(handsful?) of sand. Someone had this fantastic set at the time--it had three little figures hurrying across the Lost Desert toward some pyramids, and then when they'd crossed out of the image a speech bubble would pop up: "Wrong Tomb!"...And they'd come hurrying back. I remember joining an AIM chat and trying to find people who would help me move Ra blocks out of a tomb of some sort at 3 AM, which was nearly impossible; the attempts to map your "Temple of 1000 Tombs!"; the highest scorer on Neopets being a PPT member...and the prizes! A RotL is still incredibly awesome, and my copy of The Annals of Insanity will probably never leave my SDB. It's too beautiful to share. Heck, I only made it partway through that plot, and it's still my favorite Neopets plot ever.

What about y'all? What moments on Neopets are permanently etched into your brain in a "HAHA OMG AWESOME" kind of way?

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post subject: Re: Remember When?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:07 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Ooh...there's so much stuff...lol

I remember being introduced to neo by a friend (who incidentally introduced me to a lot of the virtual life type games I got into). We used to battle each other, and I remember thinking that I was a really good battler because I beat her most of the time. Looking back I find it amusing, especially considering my pet hadn't ever been trained and my best weapon was a trumpet of deafening.

I remember the first plot ever. I don't remember many details of course, it being more than 8 years ago. But I remember having to turn in codestones to the island mystic and adopting a grundo to help out the cause. Still have her too.

I vaguely remember the discovery of the battledome, and the weird random plot that led up to it. I think that was also when they discovered maraqua and maybe even mystery island.

I remember the ski lodge mystery, and I remember the ask a question feature. I remember asking stupid questions in the hope that they'd think I was funny. Of course they never picked any of the lame stuff I asked... :P

I remember when the Island Mystic and Edna were human. I also remember when the Bruce was a game show host and various redraws/renamings of pets. I especially remember when they completely redid two of my favorite pets (acara and zafara) in preparation for the battledome and I was so mad about it. I sent in an email about it and actually got a response. Of course this was back before the day of submission forms and auto responses, but I hadn't expected a response at all so I remember it well...lol

Then there was the first meridell plot and the side choosing. I was convinced that the whole thing was rigged (eh, probably was...lol) and kept trying to submit (really bad) nt articles about how sloth was behind the whole thing and I had a bunch of theories about how the orb really worked...lol

I remember that every time we had a plot that was a war (which was all of them up to the LDP) I did my best to up my amounts of wins against opponents. Up until the maraqua plot, it was a real challenge for me because I never really trained my pets or bought even marginally decent weapons.

Then there was the Tale of Woe, which was the first puzzle based plot I'd ever gotten really into. This was around the time that I found the PPT forums. I'd always known about PPT as a help site, but had never bothered with the forum part of it. I very fondly remember everyone working together to solve the particularly difficult parts of the plot, like the final potion making or the vine weaving.

Lastly there's the RoS plot, and the whole thing around that. I know it's a recent plot, but I'll most likely remember it forever, especially the code breaking. I currently look back at that as one of the most fun parts of the plot, even though most people were complaining about the difficulty of it. The thing I remember most fondly about it though, was that this was the first plot I could really try to help out and solve things.

I think that's it, though I'll probably think of more later...lol

It's not my fault I've been around since 2000...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I don't remember much of the early stuff on Neopets, even though I've been playing since 2001. Back in those days, I mainly visited the site to play Meerca Chase and that was about it. I didn't really take interest in a lot of the other things.

I vaguely remember when Tyrannia was introduced and I remember when there were plots, instead of having a comic, there was a video. I miss those videos. They were way better than the comics they have now, in my opinion at least.

I remember the Mystery Island plot with the volcano... That was when I first started lurking at PPT.

The LDP... BEST PLOT EVER. I'm still waiting for them to have another plot that compares to that. The plot for Neovia was good, but still not anywhere close to LDP status. I remember spending an entire weekend (probably longer) mapping out my temple by hand.

Anyone remember Poogle Solitaire? And there was a game with pawns (sort of like chess pieces). I don't remember what that game was called, but I remember enjoying it quite a bit. Ahh, trips down memory lane...

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hmm. It would probably have to be trying to figure out the Mystery Island Plot all by myself, only to find out that it had been finished two days later.

Actually, that comes in second to the LDP. I was a lurker back then, and I must say, those were CRAZY (yet incredibly fun) times.

May wrote:
Anyone remember Poogle Solitaire?

I still miss it. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:50 pm 

May wrote:

Anyone remember Poogle Solitaire? And there was a game with pawns (sort of like chess pieces). I don't remember what that game was called, but I remember enjoying it quite a bit. Ahh, trips down memory lane...

Wasn't there always a set solution? I think I got a Magical Yellow Poogle Plushie from it and using it on my Red Shoyru because I did not know any better :lol: I remember desperately trying to beat the Spyders for one of those Meridell plots, but only getting 1 point (I wanted a trophy :P)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siouxper wrote:
May wrote:

Wasn't there always a set solution?

Yeah, there was... That was part of why I loved Poogle Solitaire ;)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:37 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I remember the Mystery Island Plot. So long ago. D:

Better yet, I remember my first Advent Calendar. That was the year the Snowbunny was introduced.

AUGHHHH I'M OLD.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kitten Medli wrote:
I remember the Mystery Island Plot. So long ago. D:

Better yet, I remember my first Advent Calendar. That was the year the Snowbunny was introduced.

AUGHHHH I'M OLD.

Heh, I remember picking up an extra one for 300 NP. *checks current prices* Wow.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I remember when I first joined, I was really addicted to guilds and designing (poorly done) HTML petpages of guides for my guild. I think one of my favorite things from the olden days was when the bank interest collected itself and when you could buy unlimited stocks (or something of that sort).

As for plots, I vaguely remembered the Darigan/Meridell one. I remember the discovery of Maraqua. But I have hiatuses from Neopets, so I didn't do the LDP or Tales of Woe. I was present for all Altadorian stuff. I remember one April Fool's prank TNT did where you had to PAY to go from page to page (or to places such as Faerieland)...this was before NeoCash.

Mmm...games. I loved Poogle Solitaire and the Grarrl teeth pulling one. Played old Nimmo's Pond and Meerca Chase. I played Techo Says the other day and noticed that the art didn't change.

I started in the ol' 1999 near the end of my elementary years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:15 pm 

Zilary wrote:
As for plots, I vaguely remembered the Darigan/Meridell one. I remember the discovery of Maraqua. But I have hiatuses from Neopets, so I didn't do the LDP or Tales of Woe. I was present for all Altadorian stuff. I remember one April Fool's prank TNT did where you had to PAY to go from page to page (or to places such as Faerieland)...this was before NeoCash.

Mmm...games. I loved Poogle Solitaire and the Grarrl teeth pulling one. Played old Nimmo's Pond and Meerca Chase. I played Techo Says the other day and noticed that the art didn't change.

Neocharge was evil :( I actually believed it for a few minutes before I realized it was the April Fools prank :lol:

That game makes me think of that one game when you played a little character going around and brushing the teeth of a Grarrl :P Was it that kind of game? I also remember a Cheetos game where I'd jump up and get Cheetos to get points :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ooh, that Grarrl one where you had to brush the teeth was fun! Anyone else remember Hot Scrambled Neggs? I think that was the name of the game. I still don't know why they never actually released it o_O

And the Stock Market... I do miss the days when you weren't restricted to only buying stocks that were 15 NP per share or more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Wow, the only thing I remember from 9ish years ago was Codebreakers and those baby food jars being 12 NP. They might have even been 8.

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hm. Let's see...
I remember a LOT of stuff from the old days...
-When you needed totems to get to Mystery Island and the Ice Caves (which you could get by signing up with sponsors)
-When you could get a "discount card" that automatically took 15% or 25% off your purchases
-When shops sold stuff like Danish Bacons for 7nps each
-Being able to ask for a faerie quest whenever you wanted. If you didn't like it, all you had to do was wait the 10 minutes and try again. (that's why the 10 minute wait is there), you know.
-A game that isn't in the game graveyard, where you went around bopping I think evil fuzzles on the head. They came out of craters or something.
-Paintbrushes only being like, 10k. I recall painting my pets frequently, just for fun.
-The video store, the Apothecary, utility fish, and the old maraquan kitchen quests and maraquan food store.
-Fighting in the early battledome against the powder puff girls with an o-so-awesome Tatsu Flash power. :P
-Tatsus. I mean, seriously, the Eyrie is cool and all, but they could've kept the Tatsu around and made the Eyrie a second species.
-Codestones being ~500nps
-Discovering Tyrannia - the crack in the ice caves, the lava, the shaking of the screen random event when you visited there, and then the tunnel that led to Tyrannia.
-The Tyrannian war. Yes. I fought in it. :)

...I'll probably think of more later.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

May wrote:
Ooh, that Grarrl one where you had to brush the teeth was fun! Anyone else remember Hot Scrambled Neggs? I think that was the name of the game. I still don't know why they never actually released it o_O

I think it was a sponsor game. I miss it so much--it was the only game on Neopets I was ever good at.

Pickles wrote:
-Paintbrushes only being like, 10k. I recall painting my pets frequently, just for fun.

Crazy! You reminded me how I once accidentally turned my Stone Lupe into a Mutant Chia, and I bought a Stone Lupe Morphing Potion for maybe 8,000 NP...

More to add to the list:
--The Stone color...I was so angry when they turned it into Island.
--Mutant Chias looking freaktacular.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:31 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I dunno about anyone else but the only thing I seem to miss/remember from neopets is the grral toothbrush game. I really want to play it again. It was soooooo underrated.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next