Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lab Ray Stat Changes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So I've been zapping my battle pet along with training, thinking it'd be more cost-effective than training alone. I finally had her stats fairly evened out (level at 100, strength, defense, and movement at 200, and HP at 201), so I started zapping her as I trained her HP close to 120.

She received the following changes (not in order):
1 gender change
-2 level
-2 strength
+3 defense
+2 movement
+5, +5, +2 HP

That's a net change of +13 stats. I would have had to pay 4 codestones for each of the 12 HP gains and 5 codestones for each of the defense and movement gains. I will have to pay 4 codestones for each of the level losses and 5 codestones for the strength losses. That's 55 codestones saved (net). Using a very conservative estimate of 3000 NP per codestone (which ignores the higher priced ones, especially Eo which is at about 8000), that's 165,000 NP saved -- in only 8 days of training.

My pet started as a Mynci, and I will return her to that species when I think she's trained "enough" (probably ~300). In addition to the stat boosts, she received Disco and Halloween Mynci clothes before she changed species. This calculation showed that it's definitely worth it to continue to zap her, because the savings will only grow as she requires more codestones per training. (I can convert her back to Mynci for about 500,000 NP -- it won't matter what I use to do so since she will also be painted Island.)

I zap my adopted pet when I'm not zapping my battle pet, and I have managed to get a couple of avatar pets that way. I only paid ~200k for the lab ray back in the day, but even at the current price, it can be well worth it as a supplement to training.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: Lab Ray Stat Changes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:42 pm 

Yeah, I've always been glad to have the lab. But it really messes up your ratio of stat points to levels - level has a much lower chance of being a + than any of the other stats.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It's a fun thing to meddle with on your "meh" Neopets, that's for sure. Still, even if you DO manage to keep your "main" away from the ray, there are still plenty random events on the site to meddle with your plans. So don't bank on something too much. :lol:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:33 am 

I have a morphing potion in my SDB for when I get bored of labbing.

It's been there since about 2003. Heh.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]