The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:03 pm

They were all white and English, as far as I remember :)

Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:51 pm

I've studied them and I've seen no indication of Simon let alone anyone not being a White Middle Classer, in the movies they managed to get a wicked tan but thats about it.

Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:17 pm

Every boy on the Island was british and white except for Roger, who was black. If I can remember correctly its during the negotiation between Jack's Tribe and Teh Ralph/Piggy coalition that Piggy uses a not-so-polite term in reference to Roger. Although, you'll only find this in the earlier versions of the book as when it came up for review(atleast in Canada) they deemed it unacceptable and omitted the statements which refered to him as being so.

Geez Ammer, We read this in March, how could you forget it all ready? :P

Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:20 am

Xil wrote:Every boy on the Island was british and white except for Roger, who was black. If I can remember correctly its during the negotiation between Jack's Tribe and Teh Ralph/Piggy coalition that Piggy uses a not-so-polite term in reference to Roger. Although, you'll only find this in the earlier versions of the book as when it came up for review(atleast in Canada) they deemed it unacceptable and omitted the statements which refered to him as being so.

Geez Ammer, We read this in March, how could you forget it all ready? :P

Theres a good example of censorship confusing us and destroying literary history...

Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:43 am

Dreamcatcher - I went to see it thinking it would be a good horror film/thriller, but all I got was some grotesque aliens popping out from people's anuses. The convoluted plot was even worse.

Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:13 am

hellboy - absolutely TERRIBLE ending. the beginning actually had a standing plot, though. the ending was about three minutes long, which ISNT long enough. the film maker sucks

Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:57 pm

Starchaser wrote:Around the World in 80 Days - They totally butchered the plot and made it all kung-fu. It shared barely anything with the book, and wasn't even good as it's own film, just rather stupid. Cool flyover sequences though.

I very much agree with you on that one Star...they ruined the plot, characters, everything. One of the worst films I've ever seen...and I watched it with my grandpa too :roll:

Van Hellsing - My rule is, don't write a movie about Transylvania if you have no idea whatsoever about any of its background. The characters and the plot of the film itself wasn't too bad though

I thought the third one of the Matrix wasn't too bad though..although that's the problem with films with sequels: the sequels have /got/ to be better than the original if you want to make an impression...which is why Shrek 2 and Spiderman 2 were such a success :D

Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:39 am

[angel] wrote:
Starchaser wrote:Around the World in 80 Days - They totally butchered the plot and made it all kung-fu. It shared barely anything with the book, and wasn't even good as it's own film, just rather stupid. Cool flyover sequences though.

I very much agree with you on that one Star...they ruined the plot, characters, everything. One of the worst films I've ever seen...and I watched it with my grandpa too :roll:

I was very disappointed with Steve Coogan in that. He could have done so much better. -_-

Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:20 am

Seriously...
The Passion of the Christ disappointed me.
I think mainly b/c it just got hyped up SO much and everyone said how much it gets to you and blah blah etc....
Quite frankly.. I was bored through most of it and pretty annoyed by the constant laughing and slow motion scenes.
I mean don't get me wrong.. it was decent.. but wasn't all that great... *shrugs*

Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:47 pm

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Fairly Odd Parents: Channel Chasers

ARRRRGH!

Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:30 pm

Predator 2. (Thanks for reminding me Jim :P ) The big city setting didn't go with the whole Pred. thing at all.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:03 am

Pokemon Kid wrote::x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Fairly Odd Parents: Channel Chasers

ARRRRGH!

Hah! I loved that one. It cracked me up :lol:

Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:40 am

I, Robot. It was just crap.

Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:51 am

Heartbreakers. I wanted to see it a couple of years ago, but never got round to it, and I saw it last night, and was quite disappointed. I think I expected too much from it.

Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:48 pm

Jolly good, Amy. I was wound uplast night and forgot it was on, and was annoyed about missing it this morning, so I'm glad it's not up to much :P
Topic locked