The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Re: Summer Movies: What Are You Wanting to See?

Tue May 06, 2008 12:27 am

I saw Iron Man already (awesomeness!) but still want to see Speed Racer, Indiana Jones, and Wall-E.

Tue May 06, 2008 3:45 am

Wall-E, Ironman, Prince Caspian and The Dark Knight!

Asthaloth wrote:
Moongewl wrote:
Asthaloth wrote:And I refuse to watch another Narnia film at the Cinema until they do "A Horse And His Boy".

The Horse and His Boy is my favorite out of all the books, and I'm kind of glad that one won't be made for a while. The others have more action, and I get the feeling that The Horse and His Boy just won't translate to film very well.

They did wonders with certain bits of The Lord Of The Rings, so I don't see why not.

Okay, I just really want to see it in film. :(
Another two films in production, and neither of them are The Horse And His Boy.
Although The Last Battle could be fun, depending on how closely they follow the book.
I see some serious backlash, if it's too closely.

The order in which Disney is doing them is the order which makes the most sense right? I mean, they're not jumping back from book 1 to book 5 than back to book 2, are they?

Tue May 06, 2008 4:07 am

Ammer wrote:The order in which Disney is doing them is the order which makes the most sense right? I mean, they're not jumping back from book 1 to book 5 than back to book 2, are they?

It kinda depends on which order you grew up with them in. I grew up with a set(actually with three sets, because we wore them out) that ran chronologically according to when in Narnia they happened, not in the order they were written. So for people like me, they started with Book 2, Book 4 is about to come out, Book 5 is in pre-production, and Book 6 will be filmed after that...Then they'll most likely adapt Books 3, 1, and 7, in that order.
From a business standpoint, it makes more sense to make them in the order they were written(because LWW was by far the most famous of the books), but I stick with the order preferred by Lewis himself.

Tue May 06, 2008 1:31 pm

Ammer wrote:The order in which Disney is doing them is the order which makes the most sense right? I mean, they're not jumping back from book 1 to book 5 than back to book 2, are they?

Not really, assuming they do do all seven (I doubt they will) they'll be going back to the first book (Chronologically) next-to-last.
Not that I expect the Magicians nephew to get a film, it's really just a "And this is how it all began" kind of book, which is apparently the devils play thing these days.

Tue May 06, 2008 10:06 pm

Moongewl wrote:

It kinda depends on which order you grew up with them in. I grew up with a set(actually with three sets, because we wore them out) that ran chronologically according to when in Narnia they happened, not in the order they were written. So for people like me, they started with Book 2, Book 4 is about to come out, Book 5 is in pre-production, and Book 6 will be filmed after that...Then they'll most likely adapt Books 3, 1, and 7, in that order.
From a business standpoint, it makes more sense to make them in the order they were written(because LWW was by far the most famous of the books), but I stick with the order preferred by Lewis himself.

From what I know, they are planning to make all seven. And Moongewl is right about the chronological order. They wanted to film the movies in chronologically so that the actors age correctly with the movies/books.

Thu May 08, 2008 2:46 am

Saw Iron Man
Plan on seeing Indiana Jones since my Dad is a fan
Not really too bug on Narnia but I'll still go see it anyway(Prince Caspian looks good :P)
Won't be seeing Get Smart(the adverts are off putting for me)

DEFINITELY going to see The Dark Knight. I'm a loyal Batman fan, and will forever be in love with Christian Bale. Loved him since I first saw All the Little Animals, which I thought was a great book to movie adaptation, but that's my opinion.

If they do ever make The Horse and His Boy into a movie, it better be a good one. That book was my favourite out of the series and I would seriously be ready to go Sylar on someone if they screwed it up.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:56 pm

I'm definitely going to see Wall-E. I might see Get Smart even though I've never seen the show. (I would, but you have to buy the complete series boxset. It's not on TV and you can't rent individual seasons)

I'm not sure though. Has anyone seen the The Office (U.S.)? Steve Carell's character writes a REALLY BAD screenplay called Threat Level: Midnight and in one episode the employees read it. Get Smart looks like a live action version of that script, and it might be funny because of how bad it is.
Last edited by Hil on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:12 am

Going to see Wall-E fo sho!

:P
I saw the trailer when i went to see Indiana Jones and just fell in love with it <3

Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:08 pm

Wall-E is definitely a movie I'm going to see ASAP :D

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:49 pm

Wall-E, hands down! Only movie I've been dying to see for a while now.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:50 pm

This week I am looking forward to Hellboy 2. This movie looks interesting and the first movie wants ti bad.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:46 pm

randomuser83 wrote:This week I am looking forward to Hellboy 2. This movie looks interesting and the first movie wants ti bad.

i am also looking forward to seeing the second Hellboy....and the Dark Night

and <3 HARRY POTTER <3 !!!!!!! but that's not coming out till november lol :P

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:02 pm

Eh. Not much has interested me so far. Might check out Journey To The Center of the Earth or whatever the heck that movie is. I kind of have reservations about it, but.. it has a dinosaur.. if the whole thing is silly, atleast I can squee at the dinosaur for atleast two minutes. xD

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:18 pm

MAMMA MIA! :D

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Journey to the Center of the Earth, Wall-E and Get Smart.
Topic locked