The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Re: Classic Christmas Movies?

Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:02 am

'It's A Wonderful Life' has got to be the most delightful Christmas film that has ever been made. It will have passed some of you by because of it's age, but I would highly recommend it if you want a reminder of the joys of Christmas and the good that can be found in the human spirit.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:19 am

I find It's A Wonderful Life a tad depressing!

Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:23 am

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original) is watched every year in my household :) I personally like Charlie Brown Christmas too.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:45 am

Igg wrote:I find It's A Wonderful Life a tad depressing!

And you're right, it is at times, but it brings you down with the sole purpose of lifting you up at the end. :)

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:33 pm

mmm....nope. The reason a lot of people find it depressing is that they think about it and figure that their life wouldn't have had nearly as much impact as his!

Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Igg wrote:mmm....nope. The reason a lot of people find it depressing is that they think about it and figure that their life wouldn't have had nearly as much impact as his!

You mean that you found it depressing for that reason. I wouldn't suggest for a minute that this is the same reaction that everybody has.
Still, it's certainly an opinion. Shame you found it to be so unworthy.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:35 am

I know i'm a bit late but:
It's a Wonderful Life, The Santa Clause, Charlie Brown Christmas, and both versions of the Grinch are favorites of mine =]

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:50 pm

Bob wrote:
Igg wrote:mmm....nope. The reason a lot of people find it depressing is that they think about it and figure that their life wouldn't have had nearly as much impact as his!

You mean that you found it depressing for that reason. I wouldn't suggest for a minute that this is the same reaction that everybody has.
Still, it's certainly an opinion. Shame you found it to be so unworthy.

I said 'a lot of people' not everybody & it's something I've gleaned from various conversations with different people.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:01 am

If I see "A Christmas Story" one more time before X-Mas next year I'll explode.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:45 pm

Olive, the Other Reindeer.

(It's been my Christmas username on NeoLodge for three years running. 8D)
Topic locked