The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Who is better?

Black Eyed Peas
41%
Green Day
59%

Total votes : 46

Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:15 am

I'm really diggin' Black Eyed Peas these days. And besides, how long has it been since we've heard from Green Day (until now, of course). Never really been a big fan of theirs. Liked a couple songs, but that was about it. (Perhaps I should start speaking in complete sentences now.) "American Idiot" is just kind of annoying...even though the message is pretty good.

Anyway, so ...yeah. The point of that was that I voted for Black Eyed Peas.

Off topic:
By the way, floella....I'm lovin' your new sig!

Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:34 pm

Green Day. Hands down. I still loathe Black Eyed Peas.

I'd have to agree though, I like American Idiot, but it's definately not their best song.

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life), When I Come Around, and Brain Stew are my three favourites.

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:36 pm

American Idiot's OK, but there are mo' songs by the BEP I like than GD.

Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:15 pm

I don't know either of them, so I cannot vote..

Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:25 pm

This week I'll be voting for BEP. The only song I've liked by Green Day is "Time of Your Life" and that song is hated by a lot of GD fans (at least around here) and its also not my kind of music. While I'm not too fond of BEP either, I can stand them more than "American Idiot".

Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:20 am

Kugetsu wrote:The only song I've liked by Green Day is "Time of Your Life" and that song is hated by a lot of GD fans (at least around here) and its also not my kind of music.

There's a bit of a funny story behind that song. I'm quite a bit fuzzy on some of the details, but when they wrote and recorded it, their manager, or their label, I can't remember which, was hesitant to let them put it on their album (or I could be wrong all together, it's possible that instead of that, whoever it was was hesitant to let them release it, either way...) because it was so different that they didn't think the fans would like it at all. But they did, and it ended up being one of their biggest hits.

Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:24 am

Green Day, however I do like Black Eyed Peas.

Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:55 pm

Black Eyed Peas all the way.

Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:37 pm

without a doubt Green Day! :D

Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:12 am

Black Eyed Peas again; although I do like several Green Day songs, there aren't enough for me to name off the top of my head to justify a vote.

Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:49 am

I think BEP have had some good songs, but I wouldn't buy any of their albums. Green Day reminds me of my misspent youth, and several of their albums I know from start to finish.
Topic locked