The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Tue May 29, 2007 12:27 am

I just saw Pan's Labrynith. Excellent movie... if a teensy bit overrated.

Although - the pale man is one of the creepiest movie monsters ever. Eeeaaakkk!

Tue May 29, 2007 12:42 am

Shrek the Third: It hasn't been getting too good of reviews, but I liked it! I wouldn't say it's as good as the first two, but it was cute - I liked that it had references that little kids wouldn't get.

I'm glad I saw it instead of Spiderman 3, or worse, the new POTC (because the second one was bad enough).

Tue May 29, 2007 2:53 am

Hil wrote:I'm glad I saw it instead of Spiderman 3, or worse, the new POTC (because the second one was bad enough).

Actually, having seen Pirates twice, I can say it's not as bad as the second one. I heard that USA Today gave it half a star, which is downright ridiculous. These days, people walk into the theater already knowing how they're going to feel after they've walked out, and they build movies up just so they can tear them down again later.

Tue May 29, 2007 12:03 pm

The Royal Tenenbaums - Again. <3

Wed May 30, 2007 8:23 am

That was probably Saw 4.
Mainly because I wanted to find out what it was that people were getting all excited about and freaked out by.

I thought it was ...well, stupid would be an accurate enough definition. They fell for the "traps" way, way too easily. I don't think it's possible for a rational person to like that movie, as you'll be sitting there thinking: "what do you think you're doing? You're going to get yourself killed. Pfft, no, don't do that. Who'd do that? *insert eye rolling action*"

Honestly ...what were the script people thinking?

Wed May 30, 2007 5:04 pm

The Architect.

It was a pretty decent movie.. I didn't love it; but I didn't hate it either.

Thu May 31, 2007 5:26 am

Just got home from Pirates. Wicked good fun. I would recommend it to others as long as they promise to take me too :D

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:08 pm

I saw PoTC 3. I actually liked it better than the second one. I didn't think it was that bad. Which is strange because pretty much everyone I know either hated it or said it was worse than the second. I thought the second was decent, but not amazing. I liked this one much better than Dead Man's Chest. :P

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:28 pm

Pirates 3.

I think I found the problem with Critics.
Their attention span is 90 minutes, so a film that is genuinely interesting is beyond them.

Betraying eachother for no reason..
Maybe I'm just a spiteful traitor, but every single double cross made sense in the, VERY long winded schemes of some of those characters (Do you think he plans it this way or just makes it up as he goes along...).
Oh. and the Flying dutchman is still way awesome.

Not so obvious plot hook spoiler

For those unaware, a deleted scene reveals that if the captain of the dutchman does his duty, returns to port and finds his true love still faithfull, then he is released of his duty. Hence Squid faces conversation with Calypso at how she betrayed him

Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:27 pm

pirates 3, for the second time. first time all the seats in the cinema were full. second time i lied down across like 2-3seats and went to sleep:)

anyway...excellent film. really good special effects! its a must see

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:07 pm

Pirates of the caribbean 3 = BRILLIANT

The Prestige = AWESOME!
I had a really good weekend thats why :D

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:49 pm

POTC 3

Awesome :)

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 pm

Knocked Up: Hilarious. It definitely deserves its R rating though. I liked The 40 YOV more because of Steve Carell but this movie had many great moments too. (Including a great cameo by Ryan Seacrest) This is probably my favorite movie of 2007 so far (Either this, or Blades of Glory).

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:52 pm

Amelie: Spectacular, as always.

Re: Last movie you watched & what you thought of it (split)

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:34 am

Wild Hogs. I still don't understand how John Travolta's character managed to
blow up a rival biker bar, escape paying any damages for it, and generally be a jerk

while remaining the hero of the film. I wasn't crazy about it, but it was in a double feature with PoTC3, so I'm not really bothered by it.
Topic locked