The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Evan Almighty

Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:57 pm

I just watched this in the theaters yesterday and I really liked it; it had a lot of the Daily Show cast in it and the acting was just hilarious!

I would definately recommend it to anyone who just loves a good laugh.

Re: Evan Almighty

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:58 am

Yea... I saw it to but it's not like a really, really good movie. It's more like a simple family movie that the whole family can enjoy. But yea overall it was pretty good but I wouldn't want to watch it again.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:24 pm

Ammer wrote:it had a lot of the Daily Show cast in it

if i didn't want to see it before, i really want to now.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:47 pm

I wanted to see it at first because of Steve Carell and Ed Helms (Both from The Daily Show, and The Office - which is even better), but after seeing countless promos on NBC (including clips during Office marathons), I have to say that it really looks bad - the humor is almost non-existent. I may see it just because I like Steve Carell but I'll probably just wait to rent it.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:27 am

I saw it, I got free advance viewing tickets at a bowling alley, it was pretty bad considering the cast. Well, not really, as I felt a lot of the casting was kind of weird. It's a good family fun film, I suppose. I didn't find the script very humorous, but Steve Carell did his best. They did throw in a nice reference to the 40 Year Old Virgin, and there were some more mature-ish humor there... so that's good, I guess. =\ Although, I'm not sure how many kids know what the Bee-Gees are.

I personally actually enjoyed Bruce Almighty a bit better, because that movie actually showcased Jim Carrey's physical humor. Whereas in this one, I didn't feel like Steve Carell had much time to shine. But then again, making the script more suitable to Steve Carell would probably not make it a family film. Maybe it would have been best to make Evan Almighty a more mature film, this way it can fit in some good humor between the obligatory poop and hammer-on-finger scenes.

But it's good for a family film, I suppose. My friend really liked it.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:12 am

I was one Wanda Sykes joke away from burning the screen.

LAME.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:41 pm

I just saw it and I thought it was horrible. Totally agree to the above, just horrible acting with a corny joke set in every once in a while.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:45 am

Zer0 wrote:I just saw it and I thought it was horrible. Totally agree to the above, just horrible acting with a corny joke set in every once in a while.

"I can't even get mah cat to use the LITTAHBOX."

*spasmic gunfire*

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:01 am

Fiddelysquat wrote:I was one Wanda Sykes joke away from burning the screen.

LAME.

Urg, that was one thing that annoyed me terribly. Throughout the ENTIRE movie, she just kept on throwing in remarks, ALL THE TIME. It was so damn annoying, she was just throwing anything and everything at us, and not a lot stuck. Like the time she was watching Evan Baxter on TV and we are repeatedly shown clips of her talking to it. The writers need to keep her mouth shut.
Topic locked