The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Big Brother 8 (US)

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:57 pm

It's that time of year again, folks!

That time when you spend your entire summer sitting in front of a screen watching people you would hate in real life exist in a tiny little house. That time when "But First" echoes through the air. That time when friends start hating each other because alliances like Chilltown exist.

Yes, Big Brother is back!

The season premiere is July 5 at 8 PM EST.

Already, a lot of info has been found out about the new season including the new house, the new cast, and two of the new twists! Click before for more info if you are okay with being spoiled!

The New House-

TV Guide has posted pictures and spoilers of the new house. The theme is a fairy tale one- mostly Alice in Wonderland. More info can be found at the TV Guide link-

http://www.tvguide.com/special/bigbrotherhouse/default.aspx#_self

The New Cast-

The new cast has been revealed. The CBS Early Morning Show had a clip this morning with the houseguests. You can view it here (Note: Also shows the new house and twists- don't watch if you don't want to know those)-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNTRlvL9y6I&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbigbrotherelite%2Efreeforums%2Eorg%2Fviewtopic%2Ephp%3Ft%3D313

For pictures and a little info on each, look at this Variety Article (Note: Also shows the new twists- don't watch if you don't want to know those).-

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796 ... id=14&cs=1

The New Twists-

It was announced in various places that one twist this year is that some of the Houseguests will be living with their worst enemies.

And, in a nod to a past "Big Brother" theme in which players were surprised to find out that their ex-flames had been recruited, this year's cast will include a few pairs of players with unresolved beefs.

Another new twist is that there will be an "America's Player"

The biggest twist, however, is a game element called "America's Player." In a nutshell, that contestant will have the chance to win extra sums of money-- but only if they carry out certain actions mandated by viewers via internet or text message voting. Chosen player might be asked to vote somebody out of the house or something more personal, such as flirting with another player. Eye is hoping the twist will give viewers more of a stake in the outcome of the game, in the same way auds who watch "American Idol" get to shape that competition.

Quotes from the Variety article found here (Note: contains info about the new cast, don't look if you don't want to know that)-

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117967770.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

I couldn't be more excited for this season to start! I am for the first time ever getting the live feeds, and I'm sure I'll be watching those like mad!

Please remember that any spoilers you post from the news or the feeds (or if you are replying to someone else's spoiler) MUST be in spoiler tags. Also please put a note what the spoiler is about, as people may be okay with seeing some spoilers but not others.

Discuss away Big Brother fans! :D

Re: Big Brother 8 (US)

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:27 pm

I am so excited! I had found out about the cast yesterday, and the House a while back and I'm STILL SO EXCITED. Ah!

And Julie messed up in the video, fire her!

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:58 pm

Gah. I've been waiting for the new season to be announced. I am sooooo excited. I'm torn between reading the spoilers or not. Must.. use.. will power.

Wheee it's on tonight!

Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:07 am

Joe must go.

Now.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:38 pm

Ammer wrote:Joe must go.

Now.

I completely agree. I'm on Team Dustin, hah.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:36 pm

reganlikewhoa wrote:

Now.

Team Dustin!

Because we're clean!

(I hope people get the reference)

Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:57 am

Ammer wrote:
reganlikewhoa wrote:

Now.

Team Dustin!

Because we're clean!

(I hope people get the reference)

Same here. Team Dustin. :D

Jenn also annoyed the heck out of me in the ten or twenty seconds that she used to describe herself.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:02 am

I'm all about the Mrs. Robinson Alliance. They seem genuine, she picked a fair way to nominate (usually they just say "nothing personal" or "you've not blended into the group" which is always a stupid excuse).

And yeah, Joe Must Go. And smurf, he's not entertaining and that is just cruel...

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:05 am

Moogum wrote:I'm all about the Mrs. Robinson Alliance. They seem genuine, she picked a fair way to nominate (usually they just say "nothing personal" or "you've not blended into the group" which is always a stupid excuse).

She said "in the spirit of fairness." That doesn't even make any sense!

It's not that I completely disagree with her nominations (though I would have preferred Joe and Jenn), but she came up with a pretty lame reason. Well, it was alright until she chose to use Dustin's and smurf's and Jessica's reason for choosing her as HoH as her scapegoat. In the spirit of fairness? Yeah right!

I guess I should put this in a spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet. Don't want you to know that Jenn and Joe weren't nominated!

I'm not sure of what to think of this Mrs. Robinson thing. I haven't seen really anything of Mike, Nick, or Zach. I'll have to see how it goes first.

My early picks:
Dustin
Evil D
Danielle
Amber
Eric

What do you guys think so far?

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:17 am

Pfft, Kail is a really good strategy player, but she is a really ignorant person. If you've judged her by the comments she's made so far. Pathetic.

In other words, Jameka rocks, Dustin rocks and Joe sucks even more.

Kill Joe.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:43 pm

Jameka is by far my favorite (although some of the strong evangalizing she does on the feeds I'm not a big fan of). I also like Danielle (I don't know why!) and Dustin. Mike has suprised me a lot in the type of role he's taking on as like the ladies man and stuff.

Joe is super annoying. Jessica is annoying but rarely ever seen anyway.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Matterbug wrote:Jameka is by far my favorite (although some of the strong evangalizing she does on the feeds I'm not a big fan of). I also like Danielle (I don't know why!) and Dustin. Mike has suprised me a lot in the type of role he's taking on as like the ladies man and stuff.

I haven't seen Jameka do a lot of things related to religion on the feeds. Do you mean Kail?

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:31 pm

You guys and your crazy feeds. I'm enjoying BB8 the old school way, therefore I haven't seen much of half the players.

Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:51 am

I want Jen gone even before Joe. She bugs me the most out of all of the houseguests. I bet the photographer hates her as well.

Now, I haven't seen anything extra of BB other than the show itself. So far, from what I've seen, I like Dustin, and I like Danielle and Evil D. I would really like to see how their father-daughter alliance progresses.

In my opinion, Kail is very smart, especially in affiliating herself with Zach, Nick and Mike. And she's right, nobody would think that she is in an alliance with them. I feel rather bad for Amber, though. Kail is also way too pretty to have had four children. How does she do it?

I especially liked the part during the food competition where Jessica stated that her team had a lot of big men. Then the camera showed pictures of Nick, Zach and Joe. Then, she said "... and Eric" and an image of Eric was shown. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but it was hilarious!

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:39 pm

Ammer wrote:
Matterbug wrote:Jameka is by far my favorite (although some of the strong evangalizing she does on the feeds I'm not a big fan of). I also like Danielle (I don't know why!) and Dustin. Mike has suprised me a lot in the type of role he's taking on as like the ladies man and stuff.

I haven't seen Jameka do a lot of things related to religion on the feeds. Do you mean Kail?

No Jameka. There's been times when she's with Carol and keeps talking about how people in the house need to be changed and stuff. They actually had this big conversation with smurf where they were really rude about it.

As long as it's not a habit, I still love her. <3

I especially liked the part during the food competition where Jessica stated that her team had a lot of big men. Then the camera showed pictures of Nick, Zach and Joe. Then, she said "... and Eric" and an image of Eric was shown. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but it was hilarious!

Ha, I loved that part! XDD
Topic locked