The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Twilight

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:13 pm

My wife told me she wanted to see Twilight the other day, and gave me this look that told me she was quite prepared to see it alone.

Because I firmly believe in NOT watching movies alone, unless you're at home and there's nothing else on besides Last of the Mohicans, which sure you've seen a thousand times, but it's still pretty good, and yeah the little sister is easy on the eyes and so you don't feel so bad about watching her, and you're playing hooky from work, but whatever...don't judge me....

Sorry.

Moving on, I'm seeing it this Friday (opening day, natch). Anyone else planning on watching it?

Re: Twilight

Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:32 pm

Haha, Last of the Mohicans. I don't think I've ever watched the full movie. Thankfully.

I'm seeing Twilight on Friday with a few of my friends. I've read all of the books and giggled foolishly at times. Ugh, I'm filled with self-loathing. However, I'm still excited to see it (despite seeing some of the rather special effects).

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:14 pm

I'm probably going to buy a ticket to another show and sneak into it--I don't want to support this series, but it looks so awful I want to see it. (Even the fans know the movie's gonna be awful, right?)

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm also shamefully wanting to see this. At the very least I'll get a few laughs. :3

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:12 pm

If I hear one more thing about Twilight, I'm going to kill someone. XD

But I might just go see it for teh lulz.
I might read it for teh lulz as well.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:18 pm

Isn't twilight the one about sparkly vampires and a suspiciously abusive relationship?

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:07 pm

I'm going opening weekend (hopefully). YAY!

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Asthaloth wrote:Isn't twilight the one about sparkly vampires and a suspiciously abusive relationship?

It's not actually abusive, but yes. The Twilight series is the one with stalkerey sparklepires.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:08 pm

Mongrel wrote:
Asthaloth wrote:Isn't twilight the one about sparkly vampires and a suspiciously abusive relationship?

It's not actually abusive, but yes. The Twilight series is the one with stalkerey sparklepires.

Depends how we define abusive I guess. o_O

And Sparklepires: My new favourite word. :lol:

Edit: Oh, there was someone who wanted me to go see it with them, either my friend or cousin...
Either way, I may end up seeing sparkly dudes and girls who get breathless way to much over them some time soon.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:24 pm

Asthaloth wrote:Depends how we define abusive I guess. o_O

I would define it as abusive if it were me, but the girl in the story seems thrilled with his behavior and never shows signs of wanting the relationship to be in any way different.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:27 am

It seems like Fiddelysquat and I are the only people in my Facebook universe who aren't THRILLED about this movie. I'm already involved in several comment wars with peripheral friends.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:42 am

Mongrel wrote:
Asthaloth wrote:Depends how we define abusive I guess. o_O

I would define it as abusive if it were me, but the girl in the story seems thrilled with his behavior and never shows signs of wanting the relationship to be in any way different.

Great. Now i get to look forward to a teen-angst version of Stockholm Syndrome.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:57 am

God my sister has been going crazy over this movie. She's been reading all the books and wants pre-screening for this movie.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:40 pm

Mongrel wrote:I'm probably going to buy a ticket to another show and sneak into it--I don't want to support this series, but it looks so awful I want to see it. (Even the fans know the movie's gonna be awful, right?)

I'm going with this one over Thanksgiving, assuming my roommate's little sister does not allow me to see the film because I only wish to mock it.

Though, I must admit, the vampire baseball I saw online looks pretty entertaining. Not entertaining enough to make up for the creepy relationships, but still pretty entertaining. (I find it unfortunate that the creepiness of the relationships has basically nothing to do with the fact that dude's a sparkly vampire. Vampires should be creepy because they're vampires, not because of their personalities!)

Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:07 am

Man, I am so excited,this is all set to be AWFUL. I mean, I won't pay more than £3 to see it and will probably end up watching some horrible rip somewhere, but i can't wait!
Topic locked