The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Sequels You Wish Weren't Made

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:18 pm

I was browsing/stalking the forums, and I saw that this wasn't here! Because, there are A LOT of sequels that are going to be made, are made and in theaters, or were made a while ago. Here's the place to list the sequels you hate and why you hate them!
For me:
S. Darko
They really should've killed the Donnie Darko franchise, he dies at the end of the movie anyways. What's the point of having his little sister in a movie? Daveigh (spelling?) Chase will be reprising her role, which is okay for her but it's not like anybody noticed her in the original movie.
*end rant*

Re: Sequels You Wish Weren't Made

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:22 pm

X3.

Star Trek: Nemesis.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:45 am

Spiderman 3

Why does Spidey dance? :(

Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 am

Matrix Reloaded and revelutions. Its just bad!

Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:31 am

shapu wrote:X3.

Star Trek: Nemesis.

Yet you apparently loved the Final Frontier?

Nemesis was fine, ney, incredible, compared to that heap of horrible.

Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:52 pm

The Scorpion King - What a load of tripe!

The Second Phantom of the Opera whenever thats done - WHY?! (dunno if thats a movie or not, but still WHY?!)

Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:15 pm

Well, there's a lot of movies that shouldn't have been made in the first place, but...

Free Willy 2 and 3 definitely shouldn't have been made (along with the first) and any sequel to a horror movie is guaranteed to be awful (especially if the first movie was bad).

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:16 pm

I need to add the Third Mummy movie to the list. I watched it last night and it was brutal.
The yeti's were cool.

The rest of the movie was crap.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:14 am

Princess Diaries 2 kind of was just.. unneeded. It lost all the charm of the first one, in my opinion.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:47 am

The remake of freaky friday. And the legally blonde flicks. Both just make me sleep.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:39 am

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 just wasnt as good as the first and kind of ruins things to me.
They're making a second Phantom of the Opera?? o_O

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:14 am

shapu wrote:X3.

MAJOR ditto.

I hated that movie. I can't believe they pushed ahead on production without waiting for Bryan Singer to sign on. Morons.

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:52 am

Can I pre-emptively say New Moon?

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:59 am

The NeverEnding Story III

I loved the first film and the second film but the third film which I saw in 1996 was the weakest instalment of the series.

This movie is an absolute butchering of the original story, an abomination, only for the purpose of money making.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:55 pm

They did a Neverending Story two and three? o.O

Can we add remakes into this topic as well?

Any recent horror movie additions - I seriously question what they were thinking.
AVP.
Any involving Jason, Michael and/or Freddy. By making new ones, they are just ruining the originals.

Most, if not all remakes are horrible.
At the moment, I can't think of a single remake that was good.

I think any Land Before Time movie after the first one... there are a gazillion 'sequels' or something?
Topic locked