The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Father of the Pride

Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:20 pm

The next leap in TV Animation, as it's purely 3D. When I saw the commercial, I thought it was a commercial for Shrek 2 on DVD. However, it looks pretty cool. I'm going to watch it tonight (Series Premiere) to see if it's as funny as they're implying it is. It's made by the creators of Family Guy and American Dad (Where is that show now?).

Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:30 pm

I don't know....I read a review in the paper and it seems to be awfully raunchy and not meant for younger viewers.

I might watch it but if it is as raunchy as the article suggests and if that seems to be the only thing holding it together, I won't be a regular viewer.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:41 pm

Cyanna wrote:I don't know....I read a review in the paper and it seems to be awfully raunchy and not meant for younger viewers.

I might watch it but if it is as raunchy as the article suggests and if that seems to be the only thing holding it together, I won't be a regular viewer.

Yeah, my newspaper said that too. I kind of wanted to watch it before (just cuz it's different), but the promos don't seem too funny.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:47 pm

Shame too....the basic concept, a more mature comedy featuring 3D animated jungle animals with human characteristics, is wonderful (believe me, I was really excited at first) but the execution seems just wrong.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:00 pm

I expect it may be worth a look, however it wont come out in New Zealand for some time. I hope since its made by the creators of family guy that it is better than the reviewers believe.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:16 pm

I'll check it out, just to see how it is. I'm not expecting anything great though, as 3D on television doesn't have a successful history.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:43 pm

When me and dad saw the commercial..both of our reactions were,"What the?!" More because of how ... overly mature it seemed than anything..

Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:06 pm

I'll watch it, but I don't think I'll be a regular viewer because I'd have to miss According to Jim...

Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:27 am

I just saw the Premiere and it was awesome. I laughed a lot. I love it. And guest stars are coming in a few episodes like Eddy Murphy as Donkey from Shrek. I can't wait to see it.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:33 am

I didn't like it. The humor was too immature for me.
Last edited by Atamand on Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:47 am

Atamand wrote:I didn't like it. The humor was waaaaay to immature for me.

It was the same humor used in Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad etc... You don't like them as well?

Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:48 am

It's alright. It's not excellent, but it's original, and quite funny about some things.

Kitten Medli wrote:When me and dad saw the commercial..both of our reactions were,"What the?!" More because of how ... overly mature it seemed than anything..

That's why it's an adult comedy, Medli. xP

Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:04 am

Ammer wrote:
Atamand wrote:I didn't like it. The humor was waaaaay to immature for me.

It was the same humor used in Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad etc... You don't like them as well?

Out of those, I only really like the Simpsons. Now that you point it out, yes, that's true. There's something about the Simpsons to me that seems less so. I suppose it's because many of the jokes on that show are more subtle. But that's just me.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:30 am

I loved the premiere episode. I'm now addicted to this show, after one episode. Hopefully it's not cancelled too quickly...

Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:52 am

...Alex wrote:It's alright. It's not excellent, but it's original, and quite funny about some things.

Kitten Medli wrote:When me and dad saw the commercial..both of our reactions were,"What the?!" More because of how ... overly mature it seemed than anything..

That's why it's an adult comedy, Medli. xP

They could atleast tone down the comercials. :P
Topic locked