The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

The Real Gilligan's Island

Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:09 pm

Where has reality TV taken us now. This show sounds like it's gonna be really odd. It starts this Nov. on TBS. I'm a Gilligan's Island fan...so I'll be sure to check this show out when it starts.

Here's a little snippit from a website about the upcoming show:

Get ready to take a three-hour tour and end up on an uncharted desert island.

That's right -- Gilligan's Island is coming back on TBS -- and this time, you can be a part of it!

The producers of "Gilligan's Island" are teaming with the producers of the "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" to bring you The Real Gilligan's Island.

This all-new version of the classic sitcom will feature real life versions of the original show's characters: a real-life skipper, first mate, millionaire couple, movie star, professor and Kansas farm girl. And one of them could be you!

Just like the original show, the castaways will work together to get off the island, and episodes will include situations drawn from the original series

If you wanna check out the main website yourself:

http://tbs.com/shows/therealgilligansisland

So what do you all think?

Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:59 pm

I saw a preview of this when I went to the movies to see The Forgotten. I don't know. It seems interesting but its just another set up so-called reality show. I guess the only reason why I would catch the first episode or two is to see who gets picked as each of the characters.
Topic locked